UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fallout: Vault 45
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:00 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Fallout: Vault 45

War. War never changes.
On October 23rd 2077, a world war raged once more. Humanity was all but wiped out in 2 hours brief hours. From the nuclear flames new civilisations struggled to survive. A few managed to reach the safety of an underground vault. You are one of those in such a vault. Vault 45. That war was 20 years ago.. Now your vault is about to open, your people experience the outside world. A small scouting party is being sent to check on the outside world. Some volunteered for this task, others chosen in a lottery. All residents between 16 and 55 are eligible for this task. You are part of this scouting group. You gather near the exit to the vault, awaiting orders from your overseer. Life in the vault is about to change.

Game System

CASPIE
Hidden:
While CASPIE is far from perfect it will be adequate for the purposes of this RP as I need something to determine character attributes. Please don't min-max and have the points put in make sense in relation to your character.

Think of CASPIE as Fallout's SPECIAL without luck. You get 1 point in every CASPIE and then 29 points to spend in what attributes you want. All stats are capped at 10 or 1.

C= Charisma
A= Agility
S= Strength
P= Perception
I= Intelligence
E= Endurance

Charisma= A combination of appearance and charm.

Agility= Coordination and the ability to move quickly.

Strength= Raw physical strength.

Perception= The ability to see, hear, taste and notice things others may miss.

Intelligence= Knowledge, wisdom and the ability to think quickly.

Endurance= Stamina and physical toughness.

1 Very Bad
2 Bad
3 Poor
4 Fair
5 Average
6 Good
7 Very Good
8 Great
9 Excellent
10 Heroic

For the majority of people all their CASPIE stats would be between 3 and 8 inclusive. I don't want to see min-maxing for character creation purposes, have stats that make sense in relation to your character rather than putting points into stats you think are the best. Also keep your race in mind when crafting a character, a ghoul will likely have lower charisma but higher endurance.

When things need to be rolled I will be using two D10 dice to create a percentage. So that percentage could be anywhere between 0% (Two 0s) or 99% (Two 9s.) There will be no set measurement of damage however when people are hurt it will be described.

Skills
Hidden:
When making your character you pick 3 Tag Skills which your character is very proficient with. These are by no means the only skills your character has, only where they excel. You can mention other skills your character possess in your character sheet but they won't be as good at them. Every skill is derived from a CASPIE attribute. Skills follow along with descriptions of what the skills are:

Charisma:

Speech = Skill at persuading, seducing, deceiving and overall manipulating people by talking to them.

Agility:

Marksmanship = Skill at using firearms and energy weapons.
Sneak = Skill at remaining unseen, moving unheard and stealing.

Strength:

Melee = Skill at engaging in combat with your bare fists and with melee weapons like knives, clubs, axes, etc.

Perception:

Explosives = Skill at using and knowledge of various kinds of explosives like grenades, mines, remote explosives, flamethrowers and missile launchers.
Lockpick = Skill at picking locks, electronic and otherwise.

Intelligence:

Repair = Knowledge of how to operate and repair equipment and machinery.
Science = One's knowledge of highly technical skills such as computers, geology, biology, chemistry and physics.
Medicine = Impacts one's skill at treating wounds and understanding of the human body.

Endurance:

Survival = Practical knowledge of the outdoors, knowledge of tracking and the ability to live off the land.

Traits:
Hidden:
Traits are optional and something you can use to further specalise your character. Each trait has a positive and negative effect. You can have 0, 1 or 2 Traits.

One Hander:
One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed weapons, but two-handed weapons cause a problem.

This is My Boomstick:
These newfangled Energy Weapons are just a fad, there is a reason people continue to use kinetic weapons to this day. You excel at using traditional firearms but are less skilled with using energy weapons.

Blaster Master:
When two people of equal skill fight the one with the better equipment walks away the victor. You excel at non-kinetic weapons, the kind of weapons that fire laser and plamsa but are less experienced using traditional firearms.

Good Natured:
Violence just isn't in your nature. When it comes to combat you are out of your depth but you are better at speech, medicine, science and repair.

Character Creation
Hidden:
Here is the character sheet. Just copy and paste the code. If you have any questions or anything is unclear then don't be afraid to ask.
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b] (Human or Ghoul)

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Physical Appearance:[/b]

[b]Starting Apparel:[/b]

[b]Biography:[/b]

[b]C:[/b]
[b]A:[/b]
[b]S:[/b]
[b]P:[/b]
[b]I:[/b]
[b]E:[/b]

[b]Tag Skills:[/b] (Take any 3)

[b]Traits:[/b] (Take 0, 1 or 2)

[b]Other details that don’t fit into existing categories:[/b]

Sample Character Sheet: (Don't actually make your character this obvious of a copy of a fictional character, I'm just using Max here as an example.)

Mad Max wrote:
Name: Max Rockatansky

Race: Human

Physical Appearance: Max is white with tanned skin, blue eyes and black hair that is starting to grey. He has stubble and of average height and build.
Spoiler:

Starting Apparel: Max wears leather armour consisting of a black leather jacket, black leather trouser, a black t-shirt and black leather boots.

Biography: Max was born in Australia and lived there before the war. He was a police officer there, his seeming recklessness behind the wheel earned him the nickname "Mad Max." Six months before the war Max's partner in the police force, his wife and his child were all killed by a gang lead by a man known as "The Toecutter." Max got revenge and eliminated the gang, after that he left the police force and moved to Sacramento, he was there when the bombs dropped. Ever since then Max has been traveling north, scavenging and taking odd jobs to survive. Eventually he arrived at Samon's Bay and agreed to take a job traveling with a caravan to deliver cattle to Elk Lake Military Base.

C: 5
A: 7
S: 6
P: 6
I: 5
E: 6

Tag Skills: Marksmanship, Melee, Survival.

Traits: This is My Boomstick.

Other details that don’t fit into existing categories: Max carries a wind up music box which plays "Happy Birthday to You". Despite not living in Australia for a long time he still speaks with a strong accent. Is an expert driver but hasn't been behind the wheel of a car since before the war.

Rules

1. Forum Rules apply
2. No Godmodding. (Control other characters, determining the outcome of combat, changing the time, etc.)
3. Only post one attack per combat "turn." This being before I get back to you and post the results of your actions. I don't want to see posts like "James shot at Dennis 7 times, then his dog 3 times and then he ran up to the Alex and punched him in the face before tossing a grenade at Lisa."
4. One player character per person.
5. Try your best to use good grammar and spelling.
6. All out of character talk in hide tags after the RP starts. Hide tags that is. Double parentheses  aren't acceptable.
7. Characters have to be approved by me.
8. Keep in mind that you can die. If you die you can make a new character. PM me about it.
9. If you wish to join after the RP has started then PM about it. On the flip side if you are dropping out or going on hiatus for a while please PM me about it to let me know.
10. I will kick as a last resort if I really have to. Please don't make me.
11. Don't be afraid to talk me about things related to the RP. I'll try my best to answer what I'm asked and willing to answer. I won't for example tell you the true motivation of a character just because you ask out of character.
12. I am still the GM. So it is still possible for me to do things with my powers that aren't listed here under rules. But don't worry, I won't go mad with power.

Post subject: Re: Fallout: Vault 45
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:47 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Yes!!! I am so not missing out on another fallout RP. Not again!!

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:34 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
Shame this isn't a mass effect roleplay or farcry. fallout is meh

(This was for April Fools!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:57 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Count me in.

On company time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:32 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Glad, y'all are interested. OP is a bit barren atm because I somehow wrote it while asleep at 6am. Which I guess it still turned out well, all considered.

This one is taking place just before Fallout 3, going to be 2269. So should be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
If I joined this could I play as Commander Shepard and go around shooting everything that I see. That would be awesome, not as good as an actual mass effect roleplay though obviously but if I could do a Shepard character it would help pretend that the roleplay wasnt Fallout. Fallout is a boring setting its to much wasteland and ghouls.

(This was for April Fools!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:35 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Wait WHAT

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:50 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
You are a cruel woman, Kerr.

This is an april's fools joke, guys. Shame on her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:16 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Fallout: The Big Bamboozle

On company time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:24 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ya know whats the real kicker, none of you realized this was a clever reference to Kerr's earlier RP, Vault 54 :lol: or that most of the OP is ripped straight from GWN. How do I know? (I'm the one responsible :dur: )

By the way. Sorry Union, to get any hopes for a spontanious Fallout RP :roll:

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 am 

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! You...

You got our hopes up. *weeps* Pay the fine or...or...... *runs away crying*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]