UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Character Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DB, DG, HF), Online
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Other Profiles: Xbox and PSN: billy7557
UESPoints: 0
So I'm deleting all my characters from the past 5 years of owning Oblivion on the PC. I have a long Christmas break and very little planned (even in the whole month of December) so I want to restart all my adventures in Oblivion. I already have my completion "main" character but I absolutely love to realistically role play characters from different backgrounds and classes. I could think of the different character ideas myself, but I'd like to know what other people like to do. Give me your ideas below on what you think is a good realistic role playing character and I'll be sure to tell you what I think of it after a few hours of gameplay!

Post subject: Re: Character Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:24 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
Hatreds Huntsman/Huntress.
This is a basic play character, meaning very little in the way of help is allowed. It can be successful at level 50 at the default difficulty and kill goblin warlords with the same number of arrows needed to kill the level one zombies in Vilverin.

Role play: The character has been blessed/cursed by Hircine (probably fathered by him--you know how gods are when mortal women are around). I like to go with a female Bosmer and play as Umbra's sister. Items from the mundane world cause discomfort, so even sigil enchanted items must be avoided. The only enchanted weapon he/she can use is Hatred's Soul. There are six versions from level 1 through level 19 and she tries to get them all (using the older uncharged version for most situations and the newer charged one for emergency shots works well.) The level 19 version is a must to play upper levels. Items such as amulets of waterbreathing/waterwalking or feather shoes can be tolerated but only for short periods. Deadric "gifts" such as the ring of Namira are OK. The character can only wear Huntsman garb (it is skin/fur from something she killed herself.) The Vest of Warding and the Saviour's Hide are the only protective garb allowed. Mostly he/she goes barefoot, but feather shoes stolen from the mystic Emporium are allowed as are water walking shoes (if you are trying to buiild Sneak you do not want Sneak fortified so blue suede is a no-no). Only two rings can be worn: Ring of Namira and Ring of Kajiiti. Any found, non-protective amulet can be worn (the Bruma Speed amulet, water walking/breathing). The Bruma speed amulet is tainted by the blood of innocents, and he/she killed for it, so it is OK to wear all the time. She cannot use Azura's star (because I say so-LOL). All soul gems/varla stones must be found, not purchased. She uses no magic other than spells from Doomstones. He/she can make Alchemy potions (health, night-eye, feather, etc.) but no combat poisons. He/she can use found poisons such as turpentine and paralysis. Iron axes, iron daggers, and fists are allowed for building Strength. Block and Armorer are allowed for building Endurance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:40 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
City guard. Choose a city to live in and obtain a uniform somehow. More than a few quests fit into the role of the police.

Double the fun if this character is also in the Dark Brotherhood.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion (PC, Collector's + DLC + Shivering Isles), Oblivion GOTY (PS3, currently), Skyrim (PS3)
Platform: PC, PS3
If you want a little curious gameplay, go for Health absorber. The only mean of damaging others is by absorbing health from them (fists are ok, if you run out of magicka). Any supporting spells are ok to use as standard armor is (but preferably no armor).

I have played only a few hours of this character (because I don't have much time to play all the games I want) and it's pretty fun :-) The character is playable against normal enemies (I haven't chance to fight something with spell absorption or reflect though).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:46 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Vampiric Dark Brotherhood Assassin. He (or she) kills for food AND pleasure. Collect all the bones you find and decorate your house with them (or, alternatively, the houses of your victims).

Bad@$$ Beggar
Unarmed as your main skill, possibly with magic to back you up. You run from fights and only wear simple clothing. You donate all your loot to the Gods (poor but kindly pilgrim archetype). Alternatively, you never go in the dungeons that have loot out of cowardice, but take all your earnings by stealing it from houses in the cities (Thieves Guild route).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DB, DG, HF), Online
Other Profiles: Xbox and PSN: billy7557
Kevaar wrote:
Vampiric Dark Brotherhood Assassin. He (or she) kills for food AND pleasure. Collect all the bones you find and decorate your house with them (or, alternatively, the houses of your victims).

Bad@$$ Beggar
Unarmed as your main skill, possibly with magic to back you up. You run from fights and only wear simple clothing. You donate all your loot to the Gods (poor but kindly pilgrim archetype). Alternatively, you never go in the dungeons that have loot out of cowardice, but take all your earnings by stealing it from houses in the cities (Thieves Guild route).

I used to have a vampiric assassin that was a lot of fun to play, thanks for reminding me! As for the beggar, that sounds like a very interesting idea; I'm going to have to try it out when I get home!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:21 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
[Deleted]

Last edited by Vilhelm Valhalla on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY
UESPoints: 2
I had a lot of fun with a really basic character:
A Nord with limited knowledge of magic (restoration and destruction as minors) and pretty browny: blade and blunt as major (he strongly prefers long or two handed blades), heavy armor only, can use lockpics (but he's bad at it), has no idea what sneak is. He has never used a mortar and pestle.
In combat he can withdraw to a better position, but will never flee altogether. Point is, he got arrested in the Imperial City after a heated discussion with a certain captain about corruption, and not wanting to back down, and was thrown in jail.
He goes hunting at leas twice a week (up to four). He is a lawful good character.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:47 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Other Profiles: Xbox 360/One gamertage: Passion4gam1ng
I can create a solid character right off the top of my head, maybe someone will find this interesting to play:

Race:Argonian
Story:A slave in his homeland of Morrowind, forced to labor according to his Dark Elf master's will. All you have known for days is long hours in the hot sun and backbreaking work. One day you escaped to the border of Black Marsh after stealing a horse, but got caught by the Imperials, and you were sent to the Imperial Prison.
Birthsign:The Thief
Class name:
Former Slave
Favorite Attributes:
Strength
Endurance
Favorite Skills:
Hand-to-hand
Athletics
Light Armor
Armorer
Block