UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bravil. good, bad?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:34 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

When i say: "I live in Bravil"
Is that good or bad? im no skooma eater, nor begger, or bandit. something doesnt seem right.....Bravil seems like a bad place, is it?

Post subject: Bravil's a rat-hole
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Both Bravil and Leyawiin are [&@%!]. The 'houses' you can buy there are little more than feeble shacks that look as if mold is growing on the damp walls.

Rat-holes and little else, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

bravil? pfff! scumbag :P

i acutally quite like my little SHACK across the river. not tremendously fond of my neighbour though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:51 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Location: They have a large barge with a radio antenna that they charge and discharge.
UESPoints: 0
The whole of the Nibenay basin is a Godawful place, if you ask me.

Fanfiction :: Music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:57 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

bravil plain outsucks, but i don't think that leyawiin is that bad of a place other than the houses you have to live in are small

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

i despise the count :twisted:
he gives you a small shack that u share with a lousy neybor and sumtimes you get arrested for entering it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:29 am 
Master
Master

well, with the upcoming expansion pack, it'll be a nice place since the portal to the Shivering Isles is near the nibenay bay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ace62394 wrote:
well, with the upcoming expansion pack, it'll be a nice place since the portal to the Shivering Isles is near the nibenay bay

i still won't want to be there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:40 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrwind and Oblivion.
Platform: 360.
It's crap compared to Bruma and Skingrad. The count just apparnetly hammered a bunch of wood together and called them houses. The only good part of it is that it has City-Swimmer in it.

Lewyin is even worse! You see all these big fancy looking houses and what do you get? A rickity old shack! Come on! It's like the only two mansion-like houses you get is in Anvil and Skingrad!

Chyendihall is great because it has the DB HQ in it. Chorrol? Eh, Not so much, i don't think. I don't exactly visit those two places very often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:44 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Kvatch ftw!!!!!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:54 am 
Associate
Associate

holydevil wrote:
Kvatch ftw!!!!!!!!! :D

LOL :lol:.
Only if.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:08 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think people underestimate Bravil. Consider this: you are one of the most powerful rising forces in Cyrodiil, as a Mage you have jealous rivals who are not unwilling to hurt you; as a warrior in the Fighters Guild you are under threat from assassination; as a Dark Brother you face the danger of betrayal; as a Thief you risk your neck night and day (though probably marginally night). Where should you hide out?

In the Imperial City, heart of the Empire and home to countless faces without names? Not unless you have a death wish. How about Skingrad? All that cash you've got would set you up nicely in a big manor; not exactly subtle and assassins have a thing for big houses. What about Anvil? It's out of the way and hardly favoured by anyone but drunken louts, yet it is home to some of the most fanatical oddballs in the Province - and if you're in the Dark Brotherhood therein lies a man you'd rather not meet. Bruma attracts brigands and their ilk, Cheydinal is a corrupt and lawless place, Leyawiin is under constant threat and Chorrol is surrounded by dwellings of marauders, murderers and criminals.

Bravil on the other hand is perfect for solitude and secrecy. A dim little town home to absolute scum, useless gits with no ambitions and no lives. The people are as low as they come and the poorest of all citizens. The place is falling apart at the very seams. A small shack in a rundown city is just what you need to escape the perils that come with power. Get yourself some tattered robes, a hood and a dagger and you're set; unlikely to be recognised and able to kill without fail should an enemy stumble on you (not to mention few would batter an eyelid).

Bravil is a cesspool compared to the others and that provides you with a nice little home where you're unlikely to meet enemies. Of course, if you're of good and noble blood then you'd be better off in Skingrad but who cares about the pious? :wink:

Bravil! How I love thee. Home of the depraved and the wicked; harbourer of the Gray Fox; lair of the Listener; the estate of the Sciomancer! Bless you, you corrupt and foul skank-town. <3

Paladin_Warrior wrote:
A beggar asked me for a coin, and I pushed him into the water.

Post subject: Bravil is still a [&@%!]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:32 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

All that would be plausible "IF" the game worked that way, but it doesn't. I'm the head of the Fighter's Guild, head of the Mages Guild, Champion of Cyrodiil, Grand Champion of the Arena, Knight of the this and that Order, the Divine Crusader, the Grand Imperial Pooba - sorry, I recently watched the Flintstones ;-) , and most likely I'm other things to the people of Cyrodiil, and I have enough cash to buy the whole damn province twice over...and yet, no one tries to assassinate me...the only ones who try to rob me are highway bandits and I laugh at them when they give me the option of paying or dying...and then I kill them very quickly.

It would be neat if the characters did recognize me for what I am and try to take me down, but, alas - they don't...so, I strut where I will and none can match me.

And changing my heavy armor for tattered rags would quickly get me killed, as I go off on quests, as well...a tattered rag doesn't give me the 85% shielding that my Daedric armor does, or look as snazzy as the Cuirass of the Crusader.

Yes, it would be cool if the game worked whereby a high and mighty knight errant could don the garb of a common beggar, to infiltrate and deceive in order to complete a quest, but the game doesn't work that way....or, if it does I clearly haven't figured out how it would.

Nope, sorry, but Bravil is a [&@%!].

I wonder why the game doesn't give the player the option of buying a shack for a lesser amount, or be willing to part with a greater sum of cash to buy a more fitting abode. At least, that option should be there for Leyawiin, if not Bravil, because there are some posh places in Leyawiin.

But, let's face it - any house in this game serves two, and only two purposes....to have a place to store your 'stuff', and sleep when you need to level up...no other purpose.

Post subject: Re: Bravil is still a [&@%!]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:58 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Paladin_Warrior wrote:
But, let's face it - any house in this game serves two, and only two purposes....to have a place to store your 'stuff', and sleep when you need to level up...no other purpose.

Which is exactly the reason why I don't bother to buy houses anymore and prefer to stay in Dunbarrow Cove or Deepscorn Hollow.

Post subject: Re: Bravil is still a [&@%!]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:03 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Belthazor wrote:
Paladin_Warrior wrote:

Which is exactly the reason why I don't bother to buy houses anymore and prefer to stay in Dunbarrow Cove or Deepscorn Hollow.

Well now, you're clearly one of those evil buggers, aren't ya?

A vampire pirate...yee gads, you must be a riot at parties. ;-)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]