UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Playing Oblivion again for the first time since 2010 or so
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All the main ones besides Arena
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I recently got back into gaming after meeting an awesome woman half a year ago (who I married a week ago) and she convinced me to replay Oblivon again and I must say, I'm enjoying it as much as I did when I was 16 at the release of Oblivion! I'm a level 21 Khajiit Rogue and recently finished the Thieves Guild questline as well as the Arena and I'm heading back to the shivering Isles for the first time. I thought the game would have aged badly but surprisingly it looks good on PC maxed even in vanilla! I am heading into the Shivering Isles pretty soon but I can't remember the last time I had as much fun jumping on a bar in a game for 2 hours nonstop just to raise acrobatics high enough to jump on shack rooftops or realizing how awesome it is to be able to cast spells while holding a weapon without having to switch stuff via a menu like in Skyrim. The magic is also pretty darn cool too, I just wanted to say Hey again as well since I haven't been on here in quite a while, life has been very busy to say the least lol. I mainly just wanted to express how damn awesome this game is despite it's age and that more people should give it a shot.

Post subject: Re: Playing Oblivion again for the first time since 2010 or
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:25 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I'm glad you're enjoying Oblivion again! :)

I've also been replaying Oblivion; I'm taking it slowly and enjoying it a lot. I really love Oblivion's graphics, don't you? And it was my very first Elder Scrolls game, so it's always been the one I look back on with the most nostalgia. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:12 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion,SI
Platform: PC
I last played Oblivion 10 years ago. Now I am starting SI.

I have set up a Dark Elf this time and I just started in the prison.

Should I head straight to SI or should I build up my character first before heading to SI?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:40 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I don't think I've ever headed straight to the Shivering Isles, but I'm guessing that certain enemies will be more difficult if your character hasn't adequately leveled- and geared-up for them yet.

You might as well go check it out now, but take care not to rush into fights until you've figured out how tough each type of enemy is. If you can't swing it yet, you can always just leave and go back after you've improved your skills and gear a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:16 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall
Platform: PC/Xbox
Other Profiles: steam: thefool309
Definitely fun game for sure, Just started doing my first real play through and I am enamored with the game, I'm a level 15 custom class I found online called "The Marsh Monk" and it's super fun. I sneak and punch people in the kidneys a lot LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 am 
Champion
Champion

RedAntares wrote:
Should I head straight to SI or should I build up my character first before heading to SI?

i believe SI appear when you are level 6 or something. the game is made in a way that the enemies level with you, so you really can't reach more difficult area and if by any chance you do (i.e. you don't have correct skills and attributes leveled), then you can just adjust the difficulty slider a bit. that's what i did the first time i played it when athletics went up way too fast and increased my level. another option is to not sleep until you feel strong enough to level up.

i recently also replayed Morrowind in OpenMW engine. and they did a fine job. with that engine games looks good on modern PC. add a few improvement mods and the fun of exploration and character building and interesting story is back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:33 am 
Layman
Layman

I can totally related man. I started playing it after like 5 long years and thought I might get bored. But guess what? Its even better now.