UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gnarl/Scalon health glitch? Console involved.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:54 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: PC + 360
UESPoints: 0
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Taxo ... _Obsession
I was doing the shivering isles quest Taxonomy of Obsession and ended up running into a lot of bugginess. I got the regular bug where she doesn't come out of her house and ended up having to attack her just to get her outside. Pretty normal stuff until the combat AI decided it was a good idea to let my level 40 character fight the Elder Gnarl. That living tree would have gotten quite the trimming were it not for me getting fed up with saving and reloading trying to get Mirili to paralyze the thing. I resorted to the console and I used the command setav health and I just set it arbitrarily high like 99999999999 or something like that. Still took her a good 5-10 minutes before she decided to paralyze the thing. It was a pretty similar story with the Hulking Scalon I lured back to the village. Buggy again. Mirili was stuck in her house. I Had to attack her to get her to chase me outside. She still would not paralyze the creature like you would expect her to do. This time a patrol of Golden Saints came by and I just ended up abusing the console again until Mirili finally paralyzed it after like 15-20 minutes this time. Set the creature's health to something crazy high with a lot of nines in it with setav.

Now I'm going back around to the ruins where I missed the skulls for the Ghosts of the Hill of Suicides https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Ghos ... f_Suicides quest. I was right outside Milchar https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Milchar when I encountered an Elder Gnarl that wouldn't die. I used the console to see how much health I was facing and it was like 60K. I thought, "Oh good, finally a challenge", and proceeded to fight the thing for about 37 minutes. I was listening to a podcast so I got to roughly time it. A Hulking Scalon wandered over while I was engaged in my epic battle and after cutting him a few times I realized it had really high health as well. I checked and, yep, 60K health as well. The AI must have realized that the Elder Gnarl was pretty tough stuff by itself and the Hulking Scalon literally left the area on its own (something I have never ever seen before). I ended up luring the Elder Gnarl all the way to the nearby town of Hale to get some more DPS from the residents because I ran out of a stack of 30 super poisons I made using an alchemy calculator. On the way I met some regular Elytra Matrons that were pretty squishy compared to what I was fighting. A Verdant Gnarl was also on the way and it was pretty normal too. Eventually, I did get the Elder Gnarl but right outside hale there is a short bridge to the East-Northeast and there's a Hulking Scalon prowling around who I did not engage, but rather poked him with getav health and low and behold; 65535 health Hulking Scalons are now spawning.

I have a suspicion these two happenstances are linked. Thoughts?

What do you guys think will fix this besides having to cheat every time I want to kill a Hulking Scalon or Elder Gnarl?

Post subject: Re: Gnarl/Scalon health glitch? Console involved.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:43 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Maybe you modified the health of the base creatures with your setav command?