UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A-bomb - first time for me
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:25 pm 
Champion
Champion

So we did the Shivering and Knights of the nine. And some other quests. Now for the main and Mehrunes. We hit a bug. Well my kid did when he took over my character, so i though there is something else that went wrong at first. since i changed the GPU in this time i though it may have caused the glitch and did try various fixes for the GPU stutering.

But eventually i identified it as the A-bomb. i found solution here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Techn ... omb_bug.29

does solution 2 actually fix the saved files or just prevents the bug? i have slightly older saves where the bug is not yet present, so i could continue from there if i could not fix the newer saves.

i checked the other solutions, but i am not sure if they will work. i am running Oblivion on Linux through Wine. so the file fixing software would then also need to be ran in Wine. i could back it all up and give it a go.

I also can not get the console to appear. i changed various options in 2 ini files (it's a GOG install). i changed the keyboard to US layout in OS and in Wine and yet i can not get the console to open. So i am not quite sure if there is any other .ini file i would need to change. so if anyone here knows of a suggestion i am ready to give it a go.

Post subject: Re: A-bomb - first time for me
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:30 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I've run into the bug myself in the past, but haven't tried either solution; I would usually do something like open a door, leave the area, then go back and the door would hopefully be open. But it sounds like solution 2 doesn't alter the save game files at all, merely changes the framerate of animations so they run faster, or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 am 
Champion
Champion

so looks like solution 2 doesn't really solve anything.

i will then go ahead with backup and try to change the save files with one of the methods. hopefully it works in Wine.

i find it funny they never fixed this error as it seems like an easy fix. they could have just added the utility and run it automatically every once in a while at startup as a work arround.

At least for Morrowind there is OpenMW now. works like a charm. even on new PCs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:19 am 
Champion
Champion

OAF worked in wine. YAY!

Just still can't get the console to work. i will ask around in wine or Play on linux.