UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: oblivion hand to hand and fatigue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:25 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
i have looked at several pages and found nothing about damage being effected by your fatigue i think it should be on the fatigue page as well as the hand to hand page, i have not tested with blunt or blade, i make no claim to be an expert but i am having trouble finding the reductions depending on fatigue level and think an edit should be made if there isnt a page describing it already, please link if it already exists, thanks guys :)

Post subject: Re: oblivion hand to hand and fatigue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:34 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PS3
There appears to be little activity in this forum, probably mostly due to the age of Oblivion (released 2006). Back when Oblivion was shiny and new, there were large numbers of players wanting to exchange information and tips and war stories, etc.. Now there is the occasional newbie that stumbles across these pages (me, maybe you too?), the (figuratively) one-eyed gray beard looking for that little tidbit of information (was it left-right-up or down-left-stab-fireball?).

You could try to gather the information yourself and post it. You have a PC, so you have access to the game console. (I'm on a PS3, I just read about this stuff.) Learn how to use the game console, what the commands do, see stats on your character and NPCs, etc.. You need to find or make a repeatable scenario for your research. The worshipers at Peryite's Shrine might work. Save the game, set your fatigue level, note the target NPC stats, count your strikes on the target, every X strikes check the NPC stats. Load the saved game, set a different fatigue level, rinse, repeat. Might want to do hand to hand at fatigue levels of 100, 75, 50, 25, and 5 (maybe even 125 and 150). Count the strikes to get the NPC to, say, 5 health. Do it a couple of times at each level in case there is some random factor. Time may be a factor, doesn't fatigue regenerate with time? Might want to time your strikes, maybe a metronome app to give you a beat.

Once you've gathered some figures, present them here and see if some of the gray beards will discuss them. Your results could be included on the wiki page.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:16 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion
Fatigue is part of the damage formula for melee and archery.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_C ... ng%20is%3A

Your suggestions for page changes need to go on the discussion page that is linked at the top of each information page. This forum seems to be a separate entity from the wiki.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:58 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Thank you both for your help and the links, I was curious if info existed rather than researching it myself and that seems to already have been done, just curiosity for my h2h build thanks guys!