UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Enemy magic level
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:58 am 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
Are there any reference pages where I can find the amount of magicka bad guys have? I would like to know how much Damage Magicka I need in poisons (how many doses) to silence them.

Post subject: Re: Enemy magic level
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:18 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
You can find the information by digging through the various pages on the creatures, npcs and classes (see what Mankor Camoran can do). I love using poisons and have tried to find which ones are practical, and the problem most often encountered is length of fight needed for poisons to build up for effect vs magic regeneration rate of the target and time it takes you to kill them. You can use silence to immediately stop magic use and give the damage magic time to build up but it really only works on Xivilai to stop them from casting clannfear helpers (they have stunted magic so once their magic is gone it is gone). It will work with Storm atronachs to stop lightening but you have to hit them with weakness to poison first and have a reason to stay far away from them, like when playing at max difficulty.

The various scrolls and poisons you find on enemies are there to help them fight you (e.g. burden can freeze you because of your armor and loot load but none of them are loaded enough) and may be more or less useless to you, or they may only be effective at level 1-3. Many alchemy ingredients have useless effects simply because they are part of an overall spell list for the game (Burden, damage endurance etc).

Necros and conjurers carry scrolls, regen potions and have high willpower for regen. I just add damage healt poison to kill them before the silence runs off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:05 am 
Layman
Layman

urushi wrote:
Are there any reference pages where I can find the amount of magicka bad guys have? I would like to know how much Damage Magicka I need in poisons (how many doses) to silence them.

Hi, I can't silence them!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:06 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
Bretons have resist magic which also seems to work on poisons to some extent. Who are you having trouble with?