UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Oblivion screenshot counter broken?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:05 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hi,

New user. Just wondering what could be causing Oblivion Screenshot counter to break? (the screenshot index was stuck for a while at 2255, so, I went back and changed it to various other numbers, and following the instructions at this post (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9515), made a few changes. But so far, no luck: it will update the sequence while the game is being played, but it will have reset after the game is saved and loaded again (so screenshots start at 0,1, or whatever other number the index was at initially--basically, the index is not updating.) Anyone else with similar experience? Have you found a fix (other than that at the linked post, which has not been working for me) What could be causing this problem? (For now, I'm resorting to moving the screenshots after each save, If I remember.)

Post subject: Re: Oblivion screenshot counter broken?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:43 pm 
Layman
Layman

doh, I was trying to reply to an old post and naturally, I made a new post... sorry about that! (edit: apparently, the old post I was trying to reply to is locked anyways...)

Post subject: Re: Oblivion screenshot counter broken?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:52 pm 
Layman
Layman

An update:

The problem seems to be that the game is not saving .ini when exiting (for example, changing video settings so that you get "restart the game for the new settings to take effect," does not actually do anything as the .ini does not get updated), but it is not systematically prevented from doing so (if I use console command .saveini, it works). So, for whatever reason, the game is not updating .ini automatically. Might be (probably is) an issue caused by a mod (sadly, a lot of mods that I'd need to work through to find what the culprit is). What (in technical terms) could be causing this?