Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the fourth part of The Elder Scrolls series and its expansions
Topic locked

The Adoring Fan Is A Jerk!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:46 pm

I just finished playing Oblivion and realized that I met the most annoying video game character ever conceived.

Here are the things I hate about The Adoring "Fan-boy":
1) His annoying whiny voice
2) The way he runs away like a little girl when confronting enemies
3) He keeps repeating the same damn lines over and over again.

The Adoring Fan is so annoying I wrote a review about this little punk on offeroftheday.

Please list your complaints about The Adoring Fan.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:51 pm

I very much dislike his haircut and threadbare clothing style.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:42 pm

Welcome as new members of the forums, both of you :)

You say the adoring fan is annoying? People here at these forums tend to come up with different ways of killing him, like pushing him off Dive Rock.

From the wiki:

Tell the adoring fan to Beat it kid.I dont need a fan at the edge of Dive rock and he will run right of the side of the cliff.

Sadistic players may enjoy devising colorful ways in which to kill him. These include throwing him off Dive Rock, using him as live target practice, placing him in a locked room and spawning a monster via console commands and placing a bounty on his head, forcing him to fight off the local guards.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:33 pm

Listat wrote:I very much dislike his haircut and threadbare clothing style.

He has the fauxhawk hairdo like David Beckham has. I stuck the Adoring Fan on the balcony of one of my homes...and there he stood for about a week without complaining...I then lit him up with a fireball I shot up his butt and he "freaked out" BIG TIME!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Yeah! I wonder if Bethesda programmers intentionally made this elf-boy annoying.

BTW, If it wasn't for this site...I would have been dead in the water in Oblivion.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:56 pm

I don't see what's so bad about the Adoring Fan compared to about three hundred other guys in Oblivion.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:17 pm

He's not really bad, he's just annoying. It all starts with his voice, and over-the-top hair style, and kind of escalates with his stalker-esque demeanor.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Listat wrote:Yeah! I wonder if Bethesda programmers intentionally made this elf-boy annoying.

Of course they did. He has basically no redeeming characteristics. He's such a caricature that he couldn't possibly have been this annoying accidentally.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:19 pm

Well, by bad I also included annoying. Sure, he could be annoying depending on your mood, but so do several other people in Oblivion that can be depicted as 'annoying'.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:38 am

I hope Bethesda writes him into their next installment of the game. As much as I hate the Adoring Fan, he's fun to pick on. I may re-play the game...but this time I will create my character to look EXACTLY like the Adoring Fan and even name him the Adoring Fan. Then I will spend the whole game running away from enemies and stalking some poor NPC from the Arena. It might be a little weird when I get to the point in the game where I meet the "real" Adoring Fan but it will be worth it to see the look on his face.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:46 am

I knew that the adoring fan was meant to be annoying the moment I came out of the areana and he was infront of me

I didnt think he was annoying at all because I had a feeling the programers were trying to make him annoying!

But the only thing that annoys me is when he runs off from combat the little coward lol.
What? He doesn't trust his amazing Grand Champion to protect him?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:04 am

tank_lord18 wrote:I knew that the adoring fan was meant to be annoying the moment I came out of the areana and he was infront of me

I didnt think he was annoying at all because I had a feeling the programers were trying to make him annoying!

But the only thing that annoys me is when he runs off from combat the little coward lol.

I'm assuming that this is what they call "mudcrab speech".

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:58 am

What are you trying to imply?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:15 am

Tyrannosaurus wrote:
tank_lord18 wrote:I knew that the adoring fan was meant to be annoying the moment I came out of the areana and he was infront of me

WHAT IS MUDCRAB SPEECH?!
Another thing, Why didnt adoring fan follow the gray prince? :Twisted Evil:

Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:18 am

Because the Gray Prince is an orc who you never see do anything.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:20 am

Just do a search for "annoying" and "adoring fan" and you'll see that the little elf-boy can get on some people's nerves. I think his voice is 50% of the problem.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:37 am

People are only annoying if you allow them to be.

I've always told him to take a hike, thus, he never annoyed me.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 am

I never found him annoying. :?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:01 am

Coulsonji wrote:
Tyrannosaurus wrote:

WHAT IS MUDCRAB SPEECH?!
Another thing, Why didnt adoring fan follow the gray prince? :Twisted Evil:

Because he didnt like the smell of the gray prince :P

Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:24 am

Exactly my point, he isn't annoying, because there are so many others out there whom can be compared to the Fan.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:07 am

Tyrannosaurus wrote:Exactly my point, he isn't annoying, because there are so many others out there whom can be compared to the Fan.

i vote annoying. definitely, annoying.

>:)

Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 am

He isnt annoying when he is dead :Twisted Evil:

(but actually i kinda like a little worm followin me :P )

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:15 am

Jesus! Having someone say:
"By Azura! By Azura! By Azura! ...", every time you cross their path. This isn't annoying? This probably is the most annoying soundbite in the game and the Adoring Fan says it 75% of the time you see him.

It's a combination of his whiny, effeminate voice and the fact that he runs off like a little b*tch when you're trying to complete a mission. However, he makes up for it by allowing you to commit crimes to him and in front of him. Classic "abused wife" syndrome.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:58 am

The "By Azura" line is one of the best lines said in the game.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am

I don't think hes annoying I like having some one worship the ground I walk on.
Topic locked