A place to discuss and ask questions about the series of Elder Scrolls games released for hand-helds
Post a reply

Stormhold & Dawnstar full game file sizes?

Fri May 07, 2021 8:56 pm

On the UESP for both these games, it is mentioned that there are several versions of them, and that the largest of each has 36 dungeons. Could anyone who has these largest versions tell me their file sizes? Trying to track these down so I could hopefully stream them in the future, and want to be sure I have the full versions.

Also, it's a little weird that the descriptions on the wiki for both Stormhold and Dawnstar mention having 36 dungeons and the additional Spellsword class. Is this true? Seems to me that the games being nearly identical in that way is strange. I mean, it's possible, I guess. Just weird. Wondering if maybe there is some incorrect info on the wiki. Doubt it, but who knows.

Re: Stormhold & Dawnstar full game file sizes?

Sat May 08, 2021 1:09 am

I have no idea about the file sizes-- but as far as playing and streaming them, are you going to be playing them on some sort of emulator? I'm just curious about how all of that will work, because someday I'd like to try them out.

Re: Stormhold & Dawnstar full game file sizes?

Wed May 19, 2021 1:26 am

Kyosho wrote:On the UESP for both these games, it is mentioned that there are several versions of them, and that the largest of each has 36 dungeons. Could anyone who has these largest versions tell me their file sizes? Trying to track these down so I could hopefully stream them in the future, and want to be sure I have the full versions.

The Stormhold .JAR is 160 KB and the Dawnstar .JAR is 169 KB. Good luck finding anything other than the largest version; I don't believe the smaller versions survive.

Kyosho wrote:Also, it's a little weird that the descriptions on the wiki for both Stormhold and Dawnstar mention having 36 dungeons and the additional Spellsword class. Is this true? Seems to me that the games being nearly identical in that way is strange. I mean, it's possible, I guess. Just weird. Wondering if maybe there is some incorrect info on the wiki. Doubt it, but who knows.

The two games were developed sequentially and are very similar to each other. It's not unusual for there to be parallels. That said, this information is actually taken from the in-game Tips menu and hasn't been confirmed by anyone on the wiki, so we're taking the developers at their word on the availability of these features.

If you do come across the smaller versions, let us know. The wiki has zero documentation on the treasure run mechanic so it would be very useful.
Post a reply