Switch to full style
Discussions and questions about the CS and mods for Morrowind
Post a reply

TUTORIAL - Wrye Mash

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks Scozzar for this idea and for writing up the first part of this guide for me :D

Basically this is to help our members with Wrye Mash since it can be very confusing. This first post will get updated with more info that we gather through the questions and answers in the course of this thread.

Installation

1. Download Python 2.5. Just follow through the directions, and you'll be fine.

2. Download and Install wxPython 2.8.0.1 ANSI. Just follow the directions again, you should be fine.

3. Download Wrye Mash at Morrowind Nexus. Make sure to open with Winrar or another program like WinZip (7zip also works fine) because it is in a .zip format.

4. When open, extract all of the files into the Morrowind directory. Do not extract into the data files folder. The Morrowind Directory is the folder that contains your save files folder. You should extract it to C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind, or C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks(x86)\Morrowind (found on newer systems).

5. Go into the Mopy folder, scroll to the bottom and pull out the "Wrye Mash for Python 2.5" shortcut and put it to your desktop.

6. Click on the Shortcut and it should open up. If it doesn't, follow these directions here

UPDATE: There is a new Wrye Mash available that is a standalone, meaning that you don't have to install any of the python programs. The link for that is at the bottom of the first post on this page located here
Last edited by Scozzar on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Updated download link, added some more detail.

Re: Wyre Mash Guide

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:36 am

Ah yeh, forgot that :D I hope others will find this usefull too.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 am

People might be interested in Melchor's project to make Wrye Mash into a standalone executable, which he posted about at the official Bethesda forums:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... and-alone/

Using his version, you would not have to worry about installing Python/wxPython.

(Why the heck does this forum prevent me from linking to bethesda forums??? Gah!)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 pm

I fixed your link, that is just an anti-spambot messure ;)

Thanks for sharing that, I can't do anything with it right now but some other's will be glad to see it!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:25 pm

I think you spelled Wrye Mash wrong?

Also, what exactly can Wrye Mash do?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Skittles Dragon wrote:I think you spelled Wrye Mash wrong?

Also, what exactly can Wrye Mash do?

So I had :lol: All fixed.

I believe someone else can explain better about what it does though.

Re: Wrye Mash Guide

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 am

Having problems getting this to work, after setting it up the original way and following the instructions it fails to launch. When I run it through the cmd line to get the bug dump it doesn't give me anything, no errors and no launch, in fact the way it behaves it cmd line its almost as if its working... except it doesn't launch anything :( .
Is it Win7 compatible? Tried to get that new installer package the but the mediafire hosting site tells me " No servers currently available with the requested data on them. Please try again in a moment." Except it doesn't change.

This makes me sad, I'm using several dozen mods and will probably be adding a few more, would like to see what this does.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm

May sound stupid, but have you tried simply double clicking? :roll:

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Andere wrote:May sound stupid, but have you tried simply double clicking? :roll:

Edit: Sorry for being rude. I'm running it through the cmd line like the troubleshooting topics suggest and I get nothing, it runs the script with no errors but doesn't launch (and yes I tried to launch through the GUI first). So maybe Win7 is the culprit, that is unfortunate. The updated auto installer version's forum post is dated early August so maybe it works with Win7, too bad isn't available to DL on the Mediafire link given. Well hopefully it will be updated.

Anybody know anything for certain about compatibility with Windows 7?
Last edited by Delta7 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:39 am

@Delta7: Have you tried running it in Compatibility Mode? Right click on the shortcut and click on the tab "Compatibility". Check the fist check-box and select: Windows XP Service Pack 3. That might get it running.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:47 am

Spiney wrote:@Delta7: Have you tried running it in Compatibility Mode? Right click on the shortcut and click on the tab "Compatibility". Check the fist check-box and select: Windows XP Service Pack 3. That might get it running.

And we have liftoff!
Thanks much Spiney,
I know/knew XP inside and out but I'm still getting used to Windows 7. Compatibility mode does the trick and Wrye Mash looks pretty nifty. It gave me some info that cleared up concerns about error messages I was getting and now I'm tinkering with it.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Delta7 wrote:Edit: Sorry for being rude.

No problems here. :)
Post a reply