UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wish list for mods.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:37 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrin
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: None
UESPoints: 0
This is less a mod "idea" and more, just a general wishlist for Morrowind I was chewing to myself lately :p. I dont know if there is a actual mod out there that implements any of it, so if there is, please, let me know. Also, feel free to post your own "Wishlists" as you please.

More circunstances where you are rewarded for knocking down a opponent without actually killing then: So, the mechanics for Hand-to-Hand would make it the perfect fighting style for players who prefer to neutralize opponents without actually killing then... Except that, there are very few circunstances where a quest will reward you for that. Or even-Allow-You that: For the most part, in Morrowind, from the part where you land the first hit, opponents will just kind of fight you to death.

I think a "yield" script could be implemented in some NPCs where, if you either lower their fadigue to 0, or maybe( If you want that to be a option for people besides unarmed brawlers ) lower their Health below a certain amount, they will offer to "wield" theirselves to you, and you have the option to either accept or deny the yeld. If you accept, they will stop fighting and will even give you some of their gold and equipment. If you deny( Or if you accept and THEN go back to attacking then ), they will fight you to death. I dont know how hard that would be to implement on pratice, though, as I am not familiar enough with modding.

More variety in Faction skills: So, I was snooping through the class skills of the vampire clans and I realised, the only faction to have Unarmed as their class skill is the Quarra... Who arent even technically a joinable faction. It would be cool if there was a faction that HAD unarmed as a class skill. Maybe like, a club of brawlers or something... I... Dont really know :p.

More generally, I notice, most of the joinable factions have a fairly generic set of skills. In fact, looking at the "class skills" alone, you can fairly easily just split most of the factions into three cathegories: The "Fighty-types", the "Mage-y types" and the "Thieve-y" types. Most of the factions within each cathegory will share VERY similar skill lists with very little deviation. For a example, House Telvanni has almost the exact same list of class skills as the Mages Guild. I feel steps could be taken fairly easily to make then stand out from eachother a bit more while keeping their flavor. For a example, maybe House Redoran could have had Destruction as a faction skill instead of Heavy Armor. This would serve to reflect Dunmer culture( And by extension House Redoran ) proud tradition of creating powerfull spellswords, of mixing spell and blade( And, as for why no Heavy Armor, well, this is mostly so that Medium Armor is-The-Class skill they have. I always imagined Dunmer warriors favour Medium armor over Heavy... If the kind of armor we see many of the Guards wear is anything to go by. ). Or, for the Imperial Legion, to have Speechcraft as one of their faction skills instead of, say, Athletics, to reflect how they are also suppose to be trained( On theory ) on de-escalating a situation before it escalates into violence. I know it sounds nitpickety, but these are just simple steps I feel could be taken that wouldnt change the game by much but would subtly add some flavor to each of the factions. Speaking of factions:

Make the Twin Lamps joinable: I mean. Why not?

More in-universe acknowledgement of your race: This is YMMV, but while Morrowind, as all ES games, is designed so that you can be plaiyng as any build and still be functionally plaiyng the same game, I feel this sometimes subtracts from the storytelling a bit. Like it or not, the simple truth of the matter is, racism is a major part of this world: The different interactions between the "races" of this world, for a example. Because of that, I feel some NPCs and factions should interact with you differently depending on your race. For a example: It could be that, if you are a Khajit or a Argonian, you could not join House Telvanni or House Redoran, because who amongst these two highly conservative houses would claim a Khajit or a Argonian as a equal to then?