Discussions and questions about the CS and mods for Morrowind
Post a reply

Morrowind Code Patch problems

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:45 am

So, the weirdest thing happened recently. Yesterday, I installed the Morrowind Code Patch. I got as far as to play the game for several hours with no issues. -Today... It just wont open. I receive a "Morrowind not found" message.

Even weirder, when I try to open the Code Patch to uninstall it, it says that it cant be opened because it "Must be installed on the Morrowind folder"... Which. It is.

Anyone knows what might be causing this? I didnt had any other mods installed, but the Morrowind game itself WAS... Well, pirated, kind of, if that bit of information is important

Re: Morrowind Code Patch problems

Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:06 pm

maybe "your" morrowind had "uninvited-passengers"
Spoiler:
malware
on board when you got it , and "local-police-force"
Spoiler:
antivirus
busted them today

Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Could be it.

So, to clarify, what you are saiyng is, this probably has nothing to do with the Code Patch itself, but just with my copy of Morrowind, and it was just a coincidence that NOW was when things begun getting screwed? Because, if I go through the whole ritual of uninstalling and re-installing the entire game( As seemingly the patch cant be uninstalled on its own again ), and then I install the Code Patch again, and the SAME STUFF happens...

( I got it from the GOG site, by the way. )

Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:45 pm

if you mean official GOG site and your own account then its not pirated, its owned just DRM-FREE. but if you mean some other gog site or not your own account , then yea its pirated then.
also morrowind could have got "undesirables" in it AFTER you got it

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Some other GOG site.

Also, yeah, it is DEFINITIVELY the mod. I just reinstalled it, and, again, later that day, the-Same-Problem kicked in. And I am still triyng to understand why.

The weirdest thing is that, whatever issue it is, it-Doesnt-Come up right away. Rather, it takes several hours for it to come up. If it IS malware, it must be malware from the mod, NOT, from the main game itself, as the problems never come up unless the mod is actually installed. Though, my anti-virus shows squat on this area.

However, I found out something important. Remember when I said the game was unmodded?

Turns out, I was wrong. I THOUGHT it was, but the version I downloaded already comes with some mods pre-installed. Do you think it could be part of the issue, and if so, how would I remove said mods without actually busting the game again?

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:34 am

Serpya_Wolfgand wrote:the Morrowind game itself WAS... Well, pirated, kind of, if that bit of information is important

Yes, that's important. Talk about piracy is against the forum rules. The best way to fix your issues is to go to GOG.com (the real one) and get an official, vanilla copy of the game which will come without mods and will work fine with the MCP.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:01 am

-Sighs-I said this because it appeared relevant. Either way, I got the problem fixed.

... So, how do I delete this thread?

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:38 pm

well gog do not have BASE morrowind, BUT they instead do have G.O.T.Y morrowind (game of the year edition with all official expansions and addons)
Post a reply