UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Script - Targeted Actor (ActorID)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:58 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hi, I am new to scripting and modding. I have been trying to find a solution to a problem for weeks now with no luck. I would like to create either a Spell or a Weapon that is capable of hitting a target and then running a script on the target(s) hit. The problem I have is that it seems like Morrowind scripting really doesn't let you just get the ActorID of targets hit? I have made a weapon in openMW that executes a script but without getting the target actor I cant do what I like.

My goal is to make a weapon or spell that will resurrect a dead NPC. I actually more specifically am trying to make this so when I play TES3MP with my friends we will be able to resurrect each other (without console commands) also I would not like it to be an item on the PC that resurrects themself because I am trying to make a resurrection mechanic that does not allow you to exploit by rezing yourself, I do realize rezing NPCs could be exploited but that is an acceptable compromise. The trouble is I do not know the ActorID because it will be custom named players in regards to TES3MP and would like to be able to get it dynamically, similarly for NPCs I would like it to be able to rez any NPC dynamically as well. I think it would be of good use on NPCs too and would be identical to use on NPC or multiplayer.

Or if anyone has a different way around this I would love to hear it but I have yet to think of anything, but I am new to this so...

Post subject: Re: Script - Targeted Actor (ActorID)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:03 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
There is already a "when Hits" template for these kind of abilities, but there is (intentionally) no way to resurrect actors. Once they are dead they largely cease to exist as "live" recognised assets (other than as removable or unremovable corpses). Some things the game does not allow, other than through Mods, OpenMW, or the Console.