UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Editor Problems
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:20 am 
Layman
Layman

After working with the editor for the past few days, modding and making a house, I saved my work and then pulled up Morrowing and went in to the datafiles to try to get my work into the game, but my files werent there. So I manually went into the folder on my computer where all my other mods, plugins esp files etc are, and my files arent there. I eventually found them under a tab called compatibillity files (Im running Vista if that helps) and I tried to open my files and they wouldnt open. But if I open them when the editor is already open, they load fine.

My question is why arent my files saving correctly and how can I get them into the game world?

I have the official and unofficial morrowind patch with both tribunal and bloodmoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don’t know why your computer is putting the files were it is...it could be compatibility with Vista, as you suggest; the editor program was written before that OS and they may not mesh well. Someone else with Vista could possibly illuminate this further. However, have you tried manually copying your new files to the correct places in the folder tree? You don’t need to open them to do this. Just use whatever Vista calls the Windows explorer program to do this. Then open your game and see if your mod is there. Please let us know if this solves the problem. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:26 am 
Layman
Layman

It worked! Thank you! I dont know why it would have done that, but it worked!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]