UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hellhouse-X/perpetual waterwalking issue
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:59 am 
Layman
Layman

ok heres the problem, in the tainted mousoleum, in Hellhouse of course, i aquired a modified piece of sweetpulp, and... I accidentally ate it... it gives you invisibility and water walking and 2 other attributes I cant recall at the moment, but they arnt really important right now...
the Invisibillity effect was superseeded by "chameleon_100_unique" and when I removed chameleon, it took that atribute with it. but the water walking i cant seem to remove. I tried the "waterwalking" code, as well as spells and potions (some result), but nothing that will let me actually go under water. Im currently playing "the underground" mod, and it requires that I go under water in the tourture chamber... sadly, Im cursed with purpetual water walking. I was thinking that if I could find a non-cast purpetual water walking spell I could apply the same concept as with chameleon. Trouble is, I dont know of any purpetual water walking spells, nor do I know if this theory would even work here, I would appreciate any help anyone could offer, I have dialup and I have been waiting for a LONG time to be able to play the underground. I have tried fixing it on my own but nothing seems to have any effect and its really starting to get on my nerves! i have litterally hundereds of hours of play with this character, i have done every ingame quest i could find and several mods, im really getting into this one, and I really dont want to have to start a new character if it can be avoided
thanks guys! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:49 am 
Associate
Associate

Dispel-- either enchanted or cast-- should do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:46 pm 
Layman
Layman

i tried dispel, but it dosent consider the waterwalking to be a curse, it considers the sweetpulp to be an enchanted item i believe, since when you scrool over it it just says waterwalking then underneath it says sweetpulp, thats all, no percentage like with enchantments (im not sure if it has any relevance, but the text of it is in blue), i did try setwaterwalking 0 as well as a 10sec on self waterwaking spell, when the spell was spent, it took the icon away, but it returned almost instantly. this is driving me crazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:09 am 
Associate
Associate

Hmmmm.... resist magicka? If not, I'd recommend cheating :D Since you're modding anyway, I'd create a ring (I always pick rings, they weigh less than amulets) with a script attached,

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
SetWaterWalking, 0
endif

I've never written a script that set a spell, so I might have written that in bad syntax... it could be SetWaterWalking == 0 or SetWaterWalking to 0, my guess is the first but one of the 3 should work and solve your problem.

Then, through the console, add the item to your player's inventory
player->AddItem "My Ring of Sinking" 1

Also, it occurred to me after I wrote the above, you might want to try a remove spell or remove spell effects, so

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
Player->RemoveSpell, "Water Walking"
endif

LOL please let me know if any of these work, I might need to use something like that some day... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:05 am 
Layman
Layman

damn... the script didnt even phase it... :Angry:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]