A place for discussions and questions specifically about the UESP forums.
Post a reply

Rank Changes

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:31 am

With the intention of making the possibility of someone reaching the top two ranks a reality, we've lowered the various rank requirements drastically. As no one had ever managed to even reach the second to top rank in the nine years the forums have been around, it had become clear to us that the required post counts were just too high to ever be completed. The forum ranks are supposed to be a fun little feature intended to indicate your involvement with the community, not some impossible challenge. With this in mind, the new rank requirements are:

Layman -- 0
Associate -- 10
Initiate -- 25
Novice -- 50
Apprentice -- 100
Journeyman -- 200
Warder -- 400
Guardian -- 600
Champion -- 800
Master --1000
Grand Master -- 1500

We believe that this change will make the ranking system more fun for everyone. We also have some plans for our new Grand Masters, so stay tuned for future announcements about that.

Re: Rank Changes

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:49 pm

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlord's rank changes! :mrgreen:

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Look at me, I'm a Grand Master.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:14 pm

- testing -

Hmm. Grand Master. Cool.

We're gonna party like it's 2009!

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Yaaaaaay. Everybody gets 1st Place and a gold star!

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Not everybody. The forums, at time of writing, have 17172 registered accounts. Currently, 37 users are Grand Masters. So, for about every 464 users, there is one Grand Master.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:59 pm

I was going to make Guardian before this month was out. Now, it turns out that I actually achieved that rank 6 years ago. Silly me, I should have had that party back then.

Then again, that cake would be pretty rancid by now.

See, people: This is why I don't go to Vegas. I am the favored chew-toy of the Fates.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:05 pm

That was actually reason three for making the change: "To meddle with Dark Spark".

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:42 pm

AKB wrote:... We also have some plans for our new Grand Masters...

Like meddlin'.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 pm

JUST SPOIL ALL OF OUR PLANS DARK SPARK.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm the one left holding a six-year old slice of celebratory cake. Don't talk to me about 'spoiled'.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Anyone have a protractor? I'm trying to divide a Grand Master cake into 37 equal slices.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:25 am

Image Cheers for the promotion!For a second there I thought it was a bug :lol:

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:46 pm

You think you're the one AKB's always had a plan to meddle with, Darkspark? *pffff* :P

Seriously though, a welcome change. Things like Coins and Post Counts should be fun and trivial, not some massive deal people take super-seriously.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm

OblivionDuruza wrote:Seriously though, a welcome change. Things like Coins and Post Counts should be fun and trivial, not some massive deal people take super-seriously.

Agreed. Though I don't recall anyone taking post count seriously. Post content is what really matters anyway.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Trust me, silly little things like this have caused disproportionately large issues in the past. In recent times I don't really think it's been an issue. There's no real point beating dead horses, but.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 am

It's less the beating of a dead horse and more of shooting one's horse dead right before it crosses the finish line.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:45 am

No, that's not true. It would be more like putting down the horse after it had run itself completely ragged, broke all its legs, and would spend its final moments in total agony if you didn't.

I hate horses, that's unrelated to this, but I do.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:51 am

You planning to shoot me?

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:35 am

Yes.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 am

My word! Threats of death, stale cake and hoses dying all over the place!

Reminds me of a certain game in a particular series...

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:44 am

I'm confused. Does UESP offically support beating dead horses or not? Not that i need to know nor have i just planned the very first dead horse beating competition.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:15 pm

How convenient.

Yeah, That's Going On the Label...

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:06 am

Evil-i wrote:Image

This thread is sponsored by:
Dead Jimmy® Brand All-Purpose Horse Glue Stick to your point, no matter what. It never lets go.
Nothing else beats Jimmy.
Post a reply