A place for discussions and questions specifically about the UESP forums.
Post a reply

We say new smileys; you say

yea!
88%
nay!
12%

Total votes : 74

New Forum Smileys

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:36 pm

So it has come to our attention that a great deal of people, moderators included, would like some new forum smileys/emoticons. We currently have a nice little collection that covers a wide range of emotions (most of them loathed by robots), but sometimes it might be that you just don't find what you're looking for. Because forum decisions are not just moderator decisions, and because we are a forum for the people by the people, I thought to open up to everyone!

First and foremost: would you like some new forum smileys?

Second and as important: what sort of smileys might you like to see? (Remember: keep 'em clean, this is still a warm and fuzzy family forum.)

Get to it! :D

Re: New Forum Smilies

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Face-desk, facepalm and hug are necessities. Also need a smirk.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Give me an animated Nyan Cat.

You never know when that might be useful.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Eltee wrote:Face-desk, facepalm and hug are necessities. Also need a smirk.

Agreed, also maybe and 'yes' and 'no' emoticon? So a head shaking and a head nodding?

EDIT: And those Chaos suggests later on, but I don't want to post a pointless ''yes'' comment :)
Last edited by Kiz on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:47 pm

I tend to use my own, but I'm not against seeing new smilies, I'm rather fond of 'args' Image, 'whistling' Image, and 'not funny/serious' Image as types I've seen quite a bit on other forums

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I am very fond of smileys since they serve as a way of highlighting the emotional state of the person who makes a post, what with us being unable to see each other's faces. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:05 pm

I vote getting rid of all smilies, hate seeing more then one a page, makes me want to play Pac-Man... not good for the ol' procrastinating problem.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:09 pm

addictedtomorrowind wrote:Image

I don't use that one enough...it's so cute, ghost kitty!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:06 pm

If we do add smileys, it wouldn't be a great deal many - just a few essentials. Anything silly or pertaining to your own interests, heck, you're on your own. :wink:

If you dislike smileys, you can also disable them in the User Control Panel under Edit posting defaults > Enable smileys by default. Then you won't see them.

Re: New Forum Smileys

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:20 pm

I do like the whistling one...and maybe some cheering ones to accompany my "Huzzah!"

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Just please don't get those ovalular (Not sure if word) replacements.

Also, smilies or smileys? :P Ninja Edit: Did you change it? *maybe a suspicious smiley?*

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:22 pm

The Dog Whisperer wrote:Also, smilies or smileys? :P Ninja Edit: Did you change it? *maybe a suspicious smiley?*

I have no idea what you are talking about. [/jedi mind trick]

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:48 pm

I vote for hug smiley.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 am

i vote for raging smiley or frustarted smiley..

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Now this is something I can get behind. Image

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:22 am

Ah, what the hell, NEW EMOTICONS!

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:02 am

So it seems the vote for new smileys is positive!

Here's another question: do you want a smorgasbord of whatever is available or smileys similar to our current board smile? I personally would like to keep them similar to keep things semi uniform and have seen quite a few great additions to this current pack, but that's just me. Thoughts, everyone?

I think we can have some new smileys for the end of the month - lots of time for feedback and ideas!

I also just realized that the boards say "smilies." This bothers me greatly.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 am

I'd prefer uniformity, makes it feel more like they're a part of the forum rather than hand picked across the globe

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:08 am

Uniformity is good. Unlike WF.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 am

Regardless, the one we unquestionably need is 'hug.'

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 am

Yes we do. Image
Post a reply