UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Does luck have a effect on loot (your personal experience)?
Poll ended at Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:15 pm
No 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but only on special/specific areas of the loot formula (i.e. enchantments chance/strength or "special item" frequency) 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Yes, always or close to always 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Luck effect on loot
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:15 pm 
Layman
Layman

Im looking for exampels where you've tried milking the same cave with diffrent luck stat (ie other then that, same lvl/stat/ect).

My own exsample:
I did a quick run of Fort Nikel with a Luck of 101 at lvl21. This gave a couple of lockpicks and R-hammers, about 300 gold, couple of potions and the normal loot of unenchanted gear from the baad guys.
Loaded the game just before i entered and gave my self a severe luck boost with 4 X 30pts luck potions and 2x95pts spell (2 diffrent spells @ 100pts x 95% effectiveness) landing me a at wooping 411.
This run provided me with a magic amulet, 8 arrows of flames, 2 unenchanted pcs of jewlry and a severe increase in potions (both number and quality), lockpicks, R-hammers and gold (around 600).
BUT the it did not seem to have and effect on the battle equipment carried by the bad guys (execpt for M-arrows). Niether quality nor amount.

Reason for this is a ongoing discussion on the uesp-talk:luck page, where some claims to have disproven lucks effect on leveled loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yea, most of the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:19 pm 
Master
Master

UESPoints: 0
armor and wepons on badies are affected by lvl, not by luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 am 
Layman
Layman

ace62394 wrote:
armor and wepons on badies are affected by lvl, not by luck

Interesting take on the problem.
Taking it one step further, one might even argue, that lists affected directly by lvl (weap/armor amount and quality) are the only thing NOT affected by luck??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:47 am 
Associate
Associate

The kind of equipment is affected by level.

Like, whether you're finding steel, or mythril, or glass. It all depends on what level you are. Not you're luck. Although, I'm almost positive you can find certain enchanted armor and weapons with luck. Only if that specific weapon can be found already at your level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is a direct correlation between your level and armour but it seems I find more of specific armours (namely the better ones) when I have high luck; e.g. at the lower end of the level sets (1-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-15, 15-20) I find more and more of the armour with high luck than I would with low luck (when I'd end up finding only bits and pieces). The minimum level for the armour is just that, the time at which it’s likely to start appearing but something besides level seems to affect how much armour you find. At least in my experience. *shrugs*

Paladin_Warrior wrote:
A beggar asked me for a coin, and I pushed him into the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

In my experience, higher Luck improves your chances of getting better quality equip/loot. Eg. just because you've just got to the right level to get Daedric Armour, doesn't mean to say that suddenly everyone will start wearing it, but with higher Luck, I have found I'm more likely to get more pieces of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:21 am 
Layman
Layman

Pirates wrote:
The kind of equipment is affected by level.

Like, whether you're finding steel, or mythril, or glass. It all depends on what level you are.

Yeah. But I how ever find it odd that luck has no effect on this what so ever.

A guy at the talk:luck page, did a massive test with a selfmade mod and found that at lvl15 you have equal chance of finding leather, chain and mithril and this is in no way affected by luck.

What I'm trying to find is exactly which loot-lists and item types that is affected by luck. My finding point to enchantments but not the actual items are affected, utils like lockpicks, R-hammers, potions and jewlry is affected. I suspect the amount of leveled gold is affected, but not the chance of there being any (if less the 100%).

I'm still unsure about stuff like alchemy-eq and skillbooks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm 
Master
Master

UESPoints: 0
alchemy is affected by lvl, enchanted gear is affected by luck, for example: In Dzonot Cave, (west of the waterfront)once u make your way tho the main cavern, u will find a bandit ringleader that will have at least one piece of enchanted armor. the enchantment depends on your luck. i got full enchanted glass this way.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]