Arena talk:Running Under Windows XP
For some reason, this is not working for me. Is it the 64 bit AMD processor I have? Here's a sample error (it varies even in the order it's given):
Title of window: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem A.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction CS:c000 IP:fff4 OP:63 74 75 72 65 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
Oh yeah, I forgot, there's also an "Ignore" option, but it just varies the numbers and codes shown. Erathoniel 14:27, 30 May 2008 (EDT)
- I have the same problem. dunno what to do. please advise!
 Black Screen
Ok so I've done everything here, and the game is playable up until after character creation. Once the cutscene with the ghostly sorceress is over, the game just hits a black screen. Any ideas? I really want to play Arena. I downloaded it off the website, btw. Daedryon•T•C•E• 04:39, 31 July 2008 (EDT) Anyone know what to do? Daedryon•T•C•E• 14:00, 31 July 2008 (EDT)
I followed the directions, but when I try to start the game the screen flashes black and nothing happens. Kroz 21:12, 23 August 2008 (EDT)
- I've just updated main article, hope this will help. --Atedos 00:05, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
whare it says download "this"
the link takes me to 404
- My advice would be to run it under DOSBox and use this guide to set it up and play it. Good luck! –Elliot talk 12:03, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
- I advise using it, since it has the simplest setup and functionality with playing the older games. –Elliot talk 12:37, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- You shouldn't put it anywhere, it's just ReadMe written in Russian. --Atedos 23:28, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
 File not as advertised
Wanted to test this, from the page it looked like it was one install-it-all file for windows XP. But it's a 51KB large zip with a few files and a Russian readme, so I suppose it's meant to be used instead of DOSBox. Anyone has experience with it before I potentially ruin my XP box? :D At the very least we'll need to modify the page because it's not doing what it says it does (and could use some cleaning), but we might also consider removing it entirely, or moving the link away from the Arena front page. There is a grand total of 15 links on google that mention any file of this name, two-third of which are in Russian, and I'm not sure that advertising it instead of the well-supported and tested DOSBox is a good idea. - Kharn 19:29, 10 August 2011 (UTC)