|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Falco/Carnius about your next assignment, finding some guards to protect the town.
- Speak to everyone in town and in the mine to find up to three volunteers.
- Return to Falco/Carnius to let him know who volunteered.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Falco or Carnius
Speak to Falco/Carnius (depending on who you took sides with) about your next assignment to hire some guards to protect the colony. He suggests that you ask around town first to see if anyone volunteers for the position.
 Finding Guards
You can talk to all the people in town about "hire guards", but you'll only find two people in town who are interested: Afer Flaccus in the tavern and Garnas Uvalen east of the main town, near where you killed the Spriggans. Since that's everyone in town, the only other place to look would be inside the mine itself. Speak to everyone there and you'll find one more: Gratian Caerellius.
 Return to Falco/Carnius
Return to Falco/Carnius once you've got all the volunteers you can find. He'll say that he'll equip the guards for duty which should take a few days. If you get all three you are rewarded with 1000 gold. If you get two of them you are rewarded with 750 gold and if you get just one of them then you are rewarded with 500 gold.
- Upon completing this quest, your East Empire Company stock certificate will reach its maximum value of 12000 gold (compared to a maximum of 6000 gold if you sided with Carnius). The few days it takes for the guards to be equipped is your window to cash in the stock certificate for its optimal sum; after the following two quests it will drop to 10000 gold and then 9000 gold once you are named Factor.
- It should be noted that the game may crash if the player tries to cash it in while worth 12000 due to the game referencing a journal entry that doesn't exist.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Razing the Forest||Up: East Empire Company Quests||Next: Protect Falco (Falco) or
The Assassin (Carnius)