Bloodmoon:Race Against the Clock
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Falco about your next assignment and be given a report to deliver to Carnius in 5 hours.
- Travel to Fort Frostmoth to find Carnius but discover he is gone.
- Speak to Constans to learn where Carnius has gone to.
- Run to find Carnius.
- Give the report to Carnius.
- Return to Falco for your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Falco Galenus
Speak to Falco about your next assignment, the delivery of a Colony Status Report to Carnius within 5 hours (see important note below about the time allowed). Remember that this is five hours of game time, not real time (a fast character should be able to make it there in under 30 minutes). If the time expires, you'll receive a journal entry to that effect. You may find that with the short time requirement on the quest, you don't really have time to stop for exploring or fighting. It's best to equip any speed enhancing items.
 Fort Frostmoth
After a quick run (or a quicker Divine Intervention spell) to Fort Frostmoth and up to Carnius' chambers, you find that he isn't there. Instead, you'll find his assistant, Constans Atrius, who'll say that Carnius has just stepped out, possibly to inspect future expansion sites.
Carnius will be found in one of three random locations (determined when the quest is activated): He may be near a big rock arch with a tomb near its base, the Supply Ship wreck on the west coast where you found it previously (see the Missing Supply Ship quest) or Brodir Grove.
Once you speak to Constans, a trap will be activated, most likely set on purpose by Constans or Carnius to slow you down. The trap casts a spell called Trespasser's Bane that drains agility by 50-100pts for 600s, speed by 20-80pts for 600s, and burdens you by 100-200pts for 300s. The trap is set in the rug in the room, so either levitate over it, use Resist Magicka spells or equipment, or step carefully round it. If you do trip it, you can go right downstairs and use the Imperial Cult Shrine to restore your attributes (though you will still be burdened).
 Finding Carnius
He is particularly easy to find at night due to the torches he and his guards are carrying. It will take at least 45 minutes to reach him from the fort.
- Felsaad Coast: You may or may not have already run across the arch and tomb, Valbrandr Barrow. If not, it is plainly visible on the paper map of the island, northeast from the fort. It is directly north from the Sun Stone, if you've done the Main Quest. Once you find the arch, head southeast towards the coast. Carnius is wandering right along the coastline (location -151730, 165039).
- Supply Ship wreck: The Supply Ship wreck is on the southwestern coast of the Hirstaang Forest, where you found it previously, not far from Raven Rock.
- Brodir Grove: Brodir Grove is northeast of Raven Rock; take the boat there or just run directly from Fort Frostmoth.
Give the report to Carnius, who will be rather 'surprised' that it arrived on time, and that you were able to find him at all.
 Return to Falco
If you successfully deliver the report to Carnius, return to Falco for a 1000 gold reward and a 12-point boost to your faction reputation.
If you fail the quest for any reason you will be expelled from the East Empire Company faction when you return to Falco; you cannot get back in.
- You should refrain from using Veresa Alver's ship as a means of transport, as the trip takes much longer that way and will likely mean you won't be able to deliver the report on time.
- There are some weird things going on with the time period allowed for the quest. Although you are told you must deliver the report within 5 game hours, it seems a bug in the ColonyReportTimer script would let you have infinite time if you happened to start the quest during the hours of 6 to 9 (or so). Perhaps the developers were aware of this bug so they also limited it in real time to 600 seconds (10 minutes). Thus, you must satisfy both deadlines: 5 game hours and 10 real minutes.
- If you go to Carnius before you talk to Constans, he will be exploring but you cannot talk to Carnius about the topic report.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Discovery in the Mine||Up: East Empire Company Quests||Next: Razing the Forest|