Bloodmoon:The Disappearance of Captain Carius
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Return to the fort to find it has been attacked.
- Find and speak to Saenus or Gaea (the soldier you didn't travel with) to learn that the Captain is missing.
- Travel to the Nord village of Skaal at the north end of the island.
- Talk to Tharsten Heart-Fang in the Greathall in Skaal Village to learn they have nothing to do with the attack.
- Remain with the Skaal until you have earned their confidence.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Return to Fort Frostmoth
As you return to Fort Frostmoth you will notice that parts of the wall have been demolished, and you will receive a journal entry informing you that the fort has been attacked in your absence. The gates are destroyed and much of the interior is ruined as well. Your companion will tell you to visit Captain Carius right away, but the guards will point you towards whomever you did not choose as your companion. If you return to Carius' chambers, you will find them empty. Follow the guards' suggestion and speak with the person you didn't choose to travel with during the previous quest: Artoria will still be in the General Quarters, Upper Level and Lusius in the General Quarters. They will tell you that the captain has gone missing and that the attack was made by a number of wolf creatures, which they speculate may have been werewolves. They will mention that the Nords in Skaal Village to the far North of Solstheim might have some information, and will give you the Skull of a Skaal Warrior, which they suggest you use to win the trust of the Skaal.
 Skaal Village
The village is located in the Felsaad Coast region, north of the Mead Hall of Thirsk, and will be marked on your map. Once you arrive, speaking with the nearest villager will reveal that you should speak with Tharsten Heart-Fang in the Greathall. Tharsten denies that the Skaal had anything to do with the attack and mentions that the attackers were no mere wolves, and if you have the skull you were given earlier in your inventory, he will also tell you that he is angry that the Imperials have upset the balance of nature, and proclaims that you must atone for their mistakes and restore the power of the Skaal. This begins the next quest, The Skaal Test of Loyalty, but in order to finish this quest you must return to Fort Frostmoth.
 Mingle with the Skaal
If you go back to Lusius/Artoria with the news, he/she will be disappointed that you hadn't found out more and tell you to gain the Skaal's confidence until you can find out what happened to Captain Carius.
- If the NPC you took into the caves with you dies, the other NPC may attack you upon your return. If both NPCs are dead, you cannot progress further in the Main Quest as you need one of them to tell you to go to the Skaal Village to investigate the Captain's disappearance. In this case you can use the following console commands to allow you to speak to the Skaal:
Journal BM_CariusGone 10 Journal BM_CariusGone 20 (if you chose Saenus Lusius on the previous quest) Journal BM_CariusGone 25 (if you chose Gaea Artoria) player->AddItem "misc_Skull_Skaal" 1
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: The Frostmoth Smugglers||Up: Main Quest Page||Next: The Skaal Test of Loyalty|