Bloodmoon:The Siege of the Skaal Village
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Return to Skaal Village and speak with Tharsten in the Great Hall. Before you exit the building you will be informed that werewolves are attacking the town.
- Exit the Great Hall and help the villagers kill the seven werewolves that attacked.
- Reenter the Great Hall and kill the two werewolves inside. Note that Tharsten is now missing. Upon killing the last werewolf you will be infected with Sanies Lupinus.
- Speak to the Shaman Korst who is now outside.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Return to Skaal Village
After dealing with the Draugr Lord, Korst Wind-Eye on the Northern shore of Lake Fjalding tells you to meet up with him again in the village after a time. You can head up right away and enter into the Greathall to speak with Tharsten. Before you leave the hall, you are told that the town is under attack by werewolves by the guard with Tharesten. (Note: If you happen to kill the guard in the greathall at any point before this quest, you will not be told about the werewolves. If he does not tell you about them, you will hear the werewolves, but no one will tell you about them. So you will not be able to complete the quest.) . Exit the Greathall and help out the villagers to kill the seven attacking werewolves (the guards do a pretty good job by themselves). After the seven are dead you will be told that some werewolves got into the Greathall. Enter and take care of the two in there to find that the Honor Guard is dead and Tharsten is missing (much like the Captain of the Fort, strangely enough).
 Korst Wind-Eye
Exit the Greathall and you'll find the shaman has returned just outside. Korst thanks you for helping to protect the town, but informs you that you've contracted the terrible disease yourself. In three days you will turn into a werewolf yourself, though a simple Cure Disease spell can be used during the three days to cure yourself. Until you are cured, you are banned from the village in order to prevent others from being infected.
At this point you have a major choice to make: find a Cure Disease potion or spell (or visit a shrine and get the appropriate blessing) within three days to cure your Lycanthropy, or do nothing and become a werewolf. Note that if you have cured your Corprus disease and become immune to common disease, this is the most convenient time to become a werewolf as there is no avoiding becoming infected here. If you later decide to become a werewolf, it is possible to counteract your 100% resistance to disease with a spell of Weakness to Common Disease 100% on self. (This also works for Vampirism).
This is a major turning point in the Main Quest. If you decided to cure yourself of the disease you will continue on with the Main Quest helping out the Skaal. However if you decide to let the disease take hold and transform you into a werewolf, there is no turning back. Upon your second transformation you will receive a dream vision from Hircine, after which you will be irrevocably involved with this Daedric Prince for the duration of the Main Quest. There is a cure for your lycanthropy but you will not be able to do this until after you have completed Hircine's tasks.
For more information on how the path diverges as well as the differing rewards for each path, see the various quest pages.
 Become a blood friend of the Skaal
If you decide to cure yourself, return and speak to Korst who names you a blood friend of the Skaal, giving you the name Blodskaal. He also gives you Rigmor Halfhand's former residence. If you became a werewolf but have finally managed to cure yourself, speak to Korst about having been infected to be rewarded with the same.
- The infection that takes place after completing this quest is scripted and it is impossible to avoid by any means, even with 100% resistance to Common Disease, or even by using only ranged attacks and spells and never getting within melee range of the werewolves.
- One seemingly logical but ill-fated way to handle this battle is to cast a mass-effect Calm Humanoid spell on the werewolves. The spell will work, but if you then attack them before it wears off, you will, bizarrely, be charged with a crime for attacking a peaceful NPC in town and the guards will try to kill you. Also, you cannot enter the talk screen with the calmed werewolves, thus precluding taunting them into attacking so that you can legally kill them.
- If you wait until daylight hours and then enter the Greathall, you might find non-hostile werewolves inside.
- The Skaal guard in the Greathall gives the journal entry that spawns the wolves outside. If you have killed him, you will be stuck at that point in the quest. PC users can fix this by adding the journal entry
journal BM_SkaalAttack 10.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: The Skaal Test of Strength||Up: Main Quest Page||Next: The Totem of Claw and Fang (human) or
Dream of Hircine (werewolf)