|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Tharsten in the Greathall who will ask you to investigate a theft of furs supposedly taken by Engar Ice-Mane.
- Find and speak to the accuser, Rigmor Halfhand in his house.
- Similarly speak to Engar outside and Risi Ice-Mane inside their house.
- Find a Letter from Rigmor to Risi under a pillow in the Ice-Mane's house.
- Confront both Risi and Rigmor about the note.
- Tell Tharsten about the matter and choose to exile or sacrifice Rigmor.
After completing the lengthy Ritual of the Gifts to prove your loyalty to the Skaal, Tharsten Heart-Fang in the Greathall now wants you to prove your wisdom. He asks you to investigate a crime involving Engar Ice-Mane, who is accused of theft, and Rigmor Halfhand. Tharsten explains that Rigmor claims to have had some furs stolen by Engar which were found in his home. If guilty, it is most likely that Engar will be sacrificed to the wolves. You are to investigate the matter and see who is telling the truth.
Both of the homes are close to the Greathall in the small village, so visit both of them to get their stories of the events. Rigmor has nothing much to add, other than he does not know why Ice-Mane stole anything from him. You'll get the same idea from talking to people around town who seem adamant that Ice-Mane is innocent of the crime. Engar is not home, but his wife, Risi, is, so talk to her about the crime. Risi further states that Engar is innocent and suggests that someone, possibly Rigmor, may have framed him to disgrace him. Engar can be found outside wandering just East of his house. He doesn't have much else to add to the information you've already uncovered.
By this time you might have noticed the subtle hints from people that might indicate that Risi Ice-Mane and Rigmor Halfhand had a little intimate relationship, although no one will say that right out. If this were true, it may provide a motive for Rigmor to falsely accuse Engar of theft. Take a closer look around the Ice-Mane's house and under the pillow of one of the beds you'll find a telling Letter from Rigmor to Risi.
Confront Risi about the note (ask her about Rigmor Halfhand) and she will confirm that they had a short affair. Go and confront Rigmor about the affair who will confirm the entire thing.
Return to TharstenEdit
Return to Tharsten in the Greathall about the news you've learned and he'll leave the fate of Rigmor up to you, either exile or the wolves. You'll receive the Helm of the Wolf's Heart as your reward, no matter which punishment you choose. If you choose sacrifice, Tharsten will congratulate you on showing Halfhand mercy by letting him die with honor. You are asked to lead the accused to the wolf pen. You'll find Halfhand outside where you'll follow him to the wolf pen where he'll be attacked (the wolves disappear once he dies). It is possible for a very powerful character to kill the wolves before they can kill Halfhand, but aside from a slightly different reaction from Tharsten and Halfhand standing in the wolf pen for the rest of the game it appears there is little point.
- Since Rigmor's hut is now empty you'd think it would make a great place to rest and store loot. Resting is fine, but at some point, you are rewarded with his house, only they change the name and thus the interior cell, meaning that anything you had stored there will disappear.
- If you choose exile as Rigmor's punishment, he will remain standing in the Greathall for the rest of the game.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: The Skaal Test of Loyalty||Up: Main Quest Page||Next: The Skaal Test of Strength|