Daggerfall:Hunt for a Daedroth
- Talk to the quest giver of a Fighters Guild.
- Head to the dungeon the quest giver mentions to you.
- Find the Daedroth within the dungeon and kill it.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit for your reward.
The quest giver says:
- "Something's come up. I don't know who else could handle it but you, (player's first name). There's this bad critter in (dungeon), a Daedroth. Now, I ain't lying -- no one knows why it's there, but everyone wants it gone. For (random gold) gold, you think you could handle it, (player's first name)?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Hey, alright, your funeral, (player's first name). Listen, knock off that Daedroth and get back here in (time limit) days for your reward. I don't know how long that thing's gonna be around, so you're gonna want to move your ass. And listen to me on this, (player's first name) -- go prepared for a hell of a fight."
The quest giver answers:
- "I don't blame you, (player's first name). I wouldn't wanna take on a Daedroth either."
Mean Green Monster
Prepare yourself before embarking on this quest, do not forget that you need mithril weapons or better to harm a daedroth. Travel to the dungeon the quest giver mentioned and slay the creature. There may be more than one daedroth depending on your level and the dungeon. When the correct daedroth is slain, you will receive the following message:
The Daedroth is dead.
Return to the quest giver after killing the Daedroth, and he will say:
- "Hey, you're a better (player's race) than me, (player's first name). Daedroth-killer. I like it. Here's your gold."
There is a 50% chance he will also give you a random dungeon map, adding:
- "Since you didn't even blink at offing a Daedroth, take this map to (random dungeon). Plenty of fun for a (player's guild rank) like you."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Daedroth
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I don't know what that big lizard thing is in (dungeon), but I don't like it."
- "Everyone's talking about that big, nasty thing over in (dungeon)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I don't know what happened to that Daedroth. It's still around here somewhere."
- "Liked it best when I knew where the Daedroth was. I don't know where's safe."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Thank (god's name) the Fighters Guild is around to take care of Daedroths."
- "I wonder what that big nasty lizard thing was anyway."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You're the (player's race) that slew the Daedroth in (dungeon) for me. Let me shake your hand."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Failure is not taken lightly in the Fighter's Guild. If you couldn't handle a Daedroth, you shouldn't have taken the job. I've got better things to do than waste my time talking to you."
|Hunt for a Daedroth (m0b30y03)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild in (town) will pay me (random gold) gold pieces if I slay the Daedroth in (dungeon) in (time limit) days or less.|