Daggerfall:Hunt for a Spriggan
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to a questgiver of the Fighters Guild.
- Head to the dungeon the spriggan can be found.
- Find the spriggan within the dungeon and hit it once.
- Listen to the spriggan and decide whether you want to accept its proposal.
- After you have completed your task return to the questgiver.
- Collect your reward and maybe also a map.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Quest Offer
Some woodsmen have hired the guild to kill a spriggan. Seems the monster is attacking them when they are out in the woods logging. Want to take a hack at it (player's name)?
 Quest Acceptance
Questgiver goes on:
Two attempted ambushes have failed. The spriggan is just too smart. You'll have to go to its lair, in (dungeon). Get back to me within (time limit) days and I'll have (random gold) gold waiting for you.
 Quest Decline
Fair enough. Run along. I've got to find someone to take this job.
 Quest Object
Travel to the dungeon the questgiver mentioned to you and find the spriggan within. It should be the only one of its kind since spriggans will only appear as long as your character is at lower levels. Once you have found it, hit it once with a weapon that does a minimum of damage or with your fist. Especially at higher levels it is very likely that you will kill the spriggan with just one hit of your weapon. The spriggan will say:
You attack me without cause, (player's race). Yes I did wreak vengeance upon the slayers of wood. Know that they did slay seedlings of mine. Would you stand rooted while someone slew your seedlings? I have no quarrel with you. Convince the woodsmen to prune with care, and I shall leave them in peace. Will you take this mission up?
Choose whether you want to agree to the spriggan's proposal.
 Don't agree to the proposal
Just kill the spriggan and following message will pop up:
The spriggan is dead. Those woodsmen can log in safety now.
Return back to the questgiver to collect your reward.
 Agree to the proposal
The spriggan will go on:
The main culprit is (woodman's name), who hacks down trees without care. Go to (town) and secure his promise. Do not visit me again. I shall know of your success or failure by how the woodsman do their work.
Travel to the town the woodman lives and ask for him until you know his locations. Gain entrance to his residence and talk to him. He will say:
So the tree creature wants to cut a deal, eh? Well I suppose I can convince the boys to only log the big trees. But if his kind attack us again, we'll burn every sapling we can find! You've got yourself a deal, (player's name).
After the talk return back to the questgiver to collect your reward.
 Quest End
When you return to the questgiver after you killed either the spriggan or worked out a deal he will say:
The spriggan is kindling? You are proving yourself to be quite reliable, (brother/sister).
Here is your (random gold) gold as promised.
If you worked out a deal he will add:
You worked it so the woodsmen and the spriggan ain't fightin'? Very clever (player's name). You'll go far if you keep those wits sharp.
And in case you also get a map from him he will say:
By the way, since I'm feelin' charitable, here's a map to a hole called (random dungeon). Full of monsters needin' killing, treasure to loot, the works. Have fun.
 Reputation Gain/Loss
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
 Additional Reputation
If you accept the spriggan's proposal and talk to the woodman you will gain additional reputation according to the table below:
|People of the Current Region||+10|
|Current Region's associated factions||+5|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Spriggan
- The door(s) of the building where the woodman is staying might be locked. Therefore you may need some appropriated means to open the door(s). There is a third-party patch which corrects this issue, it can be found here.
- Once you got your reward from the questgiver as well as the reputation, you must once again talk to him and click on the "Talk" topic from the dialog menu to properly terminate the quest. If this is not done, the quest remains active and will still count as failure after its time limit expires. The reason for this behavior is not known, hence there is no workaround beside the one which is already mentioned.