"Rest well this night, for tomorrow you sail for the Kingdom of Daggerfall."
Daggerfall starts out with these words, of the Emperor sending you to the Daggerfall region of High Rock to investigate the death of King Lysandus. Lysandus was loyal to the Emperor, as was his wife Mynisera. However, his murder has complicated the troublesome Iliac Bay. A letter from the Emperor has been lost and the ghost of Lysandus haunts the city of Daggerfall. However, your journey is complicated by an item of power that is now known to all the nobility in the Iliac Bay. Now it is a race to see who can get it.
In this journey, you will be forced to make many choices as to who will benefit from your deeds. A word of warning, the governments and factions of Daggerfall are not above sending assassins at those they have quarrels with. Choose your affiliations well. To be brief, the six groups you will be dealing with in the Main Quest is the Nobility of Daggerfall, Wayrest, and Sentinel along with Gortwog of Orsinium, the King of Worms and his faction of Necromancers, and the mysterious Underking. How you treat these leaders will shape the ending of the Main Quest.
||Denotes a required path. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest.|
- Privateer's Hold: Work your way through Privateer's Hold and many of its monsters and other unfriendly residents to reach the exit.
- Lady Brisienna: Receive a letter from Lady Brisienna via Imperial Agent, and contact her in a tavern of her choice.
- Morgiah's Wedding: The Princess of Wayrest grasps for power.
- Lich's Soul: The King of Worms wants you to kill some undead.
- Missing Prince: Lhotun wants to find his missing brother.
- Wayrest Painting: Queen Akorithi requests a certain painting.
- Stronghold of the Blades: A trap has been laid for the Blades.
- Freeing Medora: Free Lysandus's Lover from Her Tower.
- Dust of Restful Death: Find some dust to exorcise Lysandus' spirit.
- Lysandus' Revelation: Time to find out who did it.
- Lysandus' Revenge: Track down the traitor to the Empire.
- The Werebeast: Kill a werebeast for Cyndassa.
- The Emperor's Courier: Find the Emperor's Courier and learn what happened to the letter.
- Orcish Treaty: Get the Emperor's Letter for Mynisera.
- Who Gets the Totem: Let the bidding begin.
- Journey to Aetherius: Find the Heart for one lucky leader.
- Blackmailing Prince Helseth: Prince Helseth wants you to deliver a special letter.
- Barenziah's Book: Queen Barenziah wants her biography.
- Concern for Nulfaga: Queen Aubk-i is worried about Nulfaga.
- Mynisera's Letters: Letters are being smuggled out of Daggerfall.
- Elysana's Robe: Elysana requests your skills to assassinate a suitor.
- Mantella Revealed: The Intermission.
- Elysana's Betrayal: A vicious trap awaits you.