- Receive an invitation from Princess Morgiah.
- Travel to Castle Wayrest and speak to Morgiah.
- Deliver Morgiah's letter to the King of Worms at Scourg Barrow.
- Receive a response, and deliver it to Morgiah within the time limit for your reward.
Soon after reaching character level 3, a letter will be delivered with the following message:
- Dear (player's first name),
- My eyes and ears abroad say that you are
- interested in the fate of a certain letter.
- Any emperor should not be so careless, nor should
- a queen. You really should come visit me in
- Castle Wayrest. I have some most interesting
- tidbits that I am sure you would enjoy hearing.
- -- Morgiah
- Princess of Wayrest
Travel to Castle Wayrest and speak to Morgiah in the throne room to learn the following:
- "You're trying to track down that letter of the Emperor's, yes? There are very few scandals in the Bay of which I am totally ignorant. I could give you some information, but nothing is without a price, that I know well. I need a champion who fear the fire of Oblivion. Are you interested?"
Agree to her terms, and Morgiah will continue:
- "(Oath), that is a relief to me. Do not ask any questions -- get this letter to a certain high level sorcerer at the Necromancers' crypt, Scourg Barrow in the Dragontail Mountains. Avoid the rift. If you see it, you have gone too far.
- They will not be expecting you and will not wait for any introductions. The necromancers feel that death is a reward for the living, not a punishment. Once you have delivered the letter, they would feel no need to guarantee your safety. It is their way. I need the letter delivered and a response from King of Worms in my hand one month from now at the absolute latest. The risks are very high, (player's first name), please do not fail."
If you refuse the quest, it will be impossible to complete the Main Quest, and Morgiah will reply:
- "Pity. I will find someone else to help me. But who will you find to help you, I wonder."
As Morgiah said, she needs you to return within a month; this gives you a time limit of 30 days to complete the quest. Her letter must be delivered to the King of Worms, the leader of the ill-famed Necromancers, which reads:
- King of Worms,
- I agree to your terms. I will give you
- my first and you will exert your influence
- on the King of Firsthold on Sumerset Isle.
- Only you can let him speak with his dead
- son. For that, he would even marry Nulfaga!
- -- M
Make any necessary preparations, then travel to Scourg Barrow in the Dragontail Mountains.
Finding the King of Worms
The Scourg Barrow dungeon appears as a small castle in the wild. The entrance is located at the north wall of the central building structure.
- For a list of enemies encountered in this dungeon, see Enemies.
Upon entering, open the second tomb on the left and proceed down.
Follow the hallway and go through the first door into a room with eight doors, then go through the first door on the left.
Follow this hallway to a T intersection.
Go left and down into the cavern area. Follow the passageway and turn right at the first opportunity.
Take a left at the first opportunity and open the locked door to the King of Worms.
Do not be alarmed by the powerful enemies; they will not attack unless provoked. Head up to the dais and give the King of Worms the letter. He will read it and say:
- "Very good. If you are not rewarded with death by the loyal servants of the Barrow, give this note to Princess Morgiah please."
The King of Worms provides a short response letter to take back to Morgiah, which reads:
- --King of Worms
Leave the dungeon via teleport, levitate, or climb (only the north wall of the initial drop-down passage is climbable). Alternatively, activating the nearby tapestry will provide a temporary levitation effect. Return to Castle Wayrest.
Deliver the response letter to Morgiah. She will then have the following to say:
- "It's done! I'll be queen of Firsthold! Although I'm sure the engagement will be quite lengthy. Now, I promised you information about the Emperor's letter.
- The letter you seek is in the hands of Gortwog, the Warlord of the Orcs. He bought it from the thieves guild of Daggerfall after one of their number stole it from Queen Aubk-i.
- I confess I don't know why the Emperor sent it to Aubk-i. The girl is innocent to a fault, and everyone knows that Gothryd is not the loyal empire toady that Lysandus was. Of course my own family...well enough of this boring court gossip.
- If you really want to find this letter, you should get in good with Mynisera, the former Queen of Daggerfall, and Queen Mother to Gothryd. I wouldn't directly approach her. Start with someone of lower station."
Morgiah gives you a random item as a reward.
If you successfully deliver both letters, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|The King of Worms and The Necromancers||+10|
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered)
- At some point in the game after completing this quest, and if reputation with Morgiah is greater than 10, a courier will deliver an invitation to Morgiah's wedding. However, it is not possible to actually attend the ceremony.
- It is not clear what Morgiah means by her "first". According to The Daggerfall Chronicles, it is not her firstborn and was intended to tie in to the plot of the next game. It never comes up in Morrowind, however.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "If it weren't for Morgiah's reputation, Wayrest would embrace her brother."
- "How could we crown the brother of a manipulative witch like Princess Morgiah?"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Princess Morgiah's mood has worsened. And no one has as bad a temper as she."
- "I suppose it is time that Princess Morgiah married. But who would want her?"
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Princess Morgiah is engaged to the King of Firsthold. A miracle of (random god) indeed."
- "What could've possessed the King of Firsthold to propose marriage to Morgiah?"
- "Morgiah has a three year engagement! Royals are a strange lot."
|Morgiah's Wedding (S0000004)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): Princess Morgiah of Wayrest has asked me to deliver a letter to the King of Worms of the Necromancers of Scourg Barrow in the Dragontail Mountains. She said to avoid the rift, whatever that is. If I see it, I have gone too far. She wants a reply back in a month.|
|Prev: Privateer's Hold||Up: Main Quest||Next: Lich's Soul|