- Talk to Princess Morgiah at Castle Wayrest after receiving her letter.
- Get a letter for the King of Worms from her.
- Deliver this letter to the King of Worms at Scourg Barrow.
- Get a letter from the King of Worms in return.
- Deliver this letter to Morgiah before the 30 days she gave you have expired.
- Get your reward and some information from her.
As soon as your character has reached level 3, you will find a letter in your inventory. If your character has reached level 3 while in a dungeon, you must wait until you are outside again to receive the letter. The letter contains the following message:
- Dear (player's first name),
- My eyes and ears abroad say that you are interested in the fate of
- a certain letter. Any emperor should not be so careless, nor should
- a queen. You really should come visit me in Castle Wayrest. I have
- some most interesting tidbits that I am sure you would enjoy hearing.
- Princess of Wayrest
When you talk to Princess Morgiah, she asks you to deliver a letter to the King of Worms in Scourg Barrow, the leader of the ill-famed Necromancers. In return, she will tell you something about the Emperor's Letter. Her own letter is an agreement to give the King of Worms her "first" if he will arrange for her to be married to the King of Firsthold. Morgiah wants you to complete this task within a month, so these 30 days are your time limit for this quest.
Finding the King of the Worms
Upon entering, open the second tomb on your left side and proceed down.
Follow the hallway until you find a door and open it. You will find yourself in a room with eight doors. Open the door to your immediate left.
Follow this hallway to a T intersection.
Go left and down into the cavern. Follow this cave passageway and turn right at the first opportunity.
Take a left at the first opportunity and open the locked door in whatever fashion appeals to you. Welcome to the throne room of the King of Worms!
This room contains two Ancient Liches, a Vampire Ancient, dancers, and various other NPCs. Do not be alarmed by the powerful enemies; they will not attack you unless provoked. After you give the King of Worms the letter, he will read it and give you a response letter to take back to Morgiah. To leave, you will either have to levitate or climb out of the passage. Only the north wall of the passage is climbable, however. If you can't do either, activate the nearby tapestry to gain a temporary levitate effect.
Deliver the response letter to Morgiah within the given deadline to complete the quest.
If you successfully deliver both letters, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|The King of Worms and The Necromancers||+10|
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered)
- At some point in the game after you complete this quest and if your reputation with Morgiah is greater than 10, you will receive an invitation to Morgiah's wedding. However, you cannot actually attend the ceremony.
- The King of Worms' response is simply:
- --King of Worms
|Prev: Privateer's Hold||Up: Main Quest||Next: Lich's Soul|