|This article has been flagged by a Daggerfall Redesign project contributor as needing an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to a merchant or innkeeper.
- Head to the town your employer points you to.
- Speak to the cousin to learn of a cure and its location.
- Head to the town the cousin points you to.
- Find the healer there and buy the talisman.
- Return the talisman to the cousin to collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Quest Offer
Speak to a merchant, and he/she may say:
Excuse me, are you a doctor or have any healing abilities? I really need someone that can heal my cousin.
My cousin is dying! Can you help me?
 Quest Acceptance
The merchant continues:
Thank you, thank you! My name is (questgiver's name). I recently received word that my cousin (cousin's name) of (town) is deathly ill and will probably die in (time limit) days! Whatever you can do to cure (him/her) will be greatly appreciated. Here is (random amount) gold. I will pay you (random amount) gold more if you can heal (him/her).
 Quest Decline
The merchant answers:
Damn. I could have used some help.
Just my luck. Thanks anyway.
I'm sorry to bother you then.
 Quest Object
Upon accepting the quest, your employer will give you a small advance payment. Travel to the town he mentioned and ask around in town until someone points you to the cousin's residence. Enter the house and talk to the patient, who will say:
I feel so weak. I don't know what is wrong with me. My cousin, (questgiver's name) sent you to help me? Oh, thank you, thank you! I have just heard of a healer named (healer's name) in (healer's town) who may be able to help me. Please go to him, and bring me the cure, before it is too late!
After talking to the cousin, you will become infected by a random disease, so you may wish to get yourself cured before you go on with the quest; a visit to a local temple, a spell, or a potion can be used to cure the disease. Travel to the town the cousin mentioned to you and find the healer, an alchemist, by asking around. Speak to the healer, and he/she will say:
Hello there. Yes, I have heard of (cousin's name) of (town) and (his/her) problem. (Random disease) it is. I should know. Anyway, I do have a special Talisman that will cure it. It can only be used once though. I'll sell it to you for 20 gold. Here you go. Thank you very much.
 Quest End
Return to the merchant's cousin with the talisman and he/she will say:
Oh, you've brought me the healing Talisman! Thank you, (player's name). Here is the rest of the gold that my cousin promised you. I really can't thank you enough. I hope the rest of your travels are safe for you.
 Reputation Gain/Loss
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||+2|
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||-1|
- The small advance you get from the questgiver goes directly into your inventory and is not given to you via a menu screen. To pick up the gold, you must drop it on the ground or a wagon, and then pick it up again.
- The reward from this quest is negligible, and when the cost of curing your own disease is factored in, it is actually possible to lose money from this quest. It is therefore advised that you refrain from undertaking this quest unless your character is immune to diseases.