- Talk to a Merchant or an Innkeeper.
- Head to the specified local residence.
- Exterminate all vermin there.
- Head back to your employer and collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
I need help. (questgiver's name) at your service, although I hope yours will be at mine. (residence's name) is infested with monsters. Can you kill them for me? I can pay you (random gold) gold pieces.
I need help! Won't somebody help me?
The merchant/innkeeper goes on:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! If they are not gone by this time tomorrow, I'll be ruined.
You have one day to complete this task. Ask around until one of the citizens points you towards the residence. Enter the house and kill all vermin there. There may be bats, rats, giant scorpions, or giant spiders. They will appear one after another, so keep waiting until you have killed them all. The task is done when you have killed at least six bats, seven rats, three giant scorpions, or three giant spiders. But you will get no notification if this is accomplished, so you must keep track of your kills. Report back to your employer when you are sure the building is clean enough.
Head back to your employer to get your reward and his warm thanks.
What a relief. I hate those things. You have been most helpful, (player's name). Here is the (random gold) gold that I promised.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||+2|
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||-1|
Any of the following:
- 8x One Bat every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- 10x One Rat every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- 4x One Giant Scorpion every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building
- 4x Giant Spider every three in-game minutes (25% chance) once you enter the building