- Talk to the quest giver of a Temple.
- Head to the town the quest giver points you to.
- Enter the haunted house and kill the undead creature inside.
- Report back to the quest giver within the time limit.
A Spirit-ed Problem
Approach the quest giver, who says:
- "You are not a member of (temple), (player's name). However, you seem honest enough. I'll tell you what. A house over in (town) is being haunted by some sort of undead. We need someone to exorcise the spirit. Do this and it may change how we feel about you."
The quest giver goes on:
- "If the haunt is too tough for you to handle yourself, don't do anything stupid. Go to (building) in (town). You have (time limit) days or we send someone else out to do the job."
The quest giver answers:
- "This isn't going to look good to (temple)."
Head to town and ask around until you have the location of the house. Sometimes the door is locked, so you either need to use your lockpicking skill or have an Open spell available. Once you are inside, look for the undead. It can be a ghost, skeletal warrior, wraith, or zombie; each creature type has a 25% chance of appearing. The undead can often be found in the attic. The doors within the house are sometimes locked too, therefore you may need some assistance within the house as well. Upon hitting the undead for the first time it moans:
- "In life I built this house. What right do the living have to interrupt my deathly dreams?"
Kill it and head back to the quest giver.
When you report back, the quest giver says:
- "So you exorcised the place, eh? This will look good for you when I speak with the temple ."
If you also receive a dungeon map as a reward, the quest giver adds:
- "In addition, here is a map to (random dungeon), an unclean pit of a place if there ever was one. Do (region) a favor and exterminate the vermin infesting it."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
Any of the following:
- Skeletal Warrior
- This quest is nearly identical to The Haunted House, but this version is only available if you are not a member of the Temple.