- Talk to a Noble.
- Head to the town named by the noble.
- Give the gold brick to the noble's contact and receive a magical item.
- Head back to the noble, fend of an attack on the way.
- Read the letter found on the corpses.
- Travel to the town the thief is staying.
- Confront the thief and take the magical item from his body.
- Return the magical item to the noble.
- Collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
The noble says:
I need someone to bring a certain item to a contact of mine in (town). You will receive an item in return. If you bring that item back to me, I will happy to reward you with (random gold) gold pieces. Do you agree?
The noble goes on:
Very good. Take this bar of gold and bring it to a certain (contact's description) called (contact's name) in a place called (building) in (town). You will need to move quickly. (contact's name) isn't in the habit of waiting around for laggard couriers. Very well, good luck to you, (player's first name). I will expect you back in (time limit) days.
The noble answers:
No? What a shame. I was prepared to be quite generous.
Travel to the town the noble mentioned to you and meet your contact there. Depending on the building the contact is staying in, its door(s) may be locked. Hand over the gold bar and the contact will say:
Marvelous, (player's first name). I do adore gold, don't you? Well, you'll get your share once you've returned this particular (magical item) to (noble's name). I hope you remember the way back to (noble's town).
Receive the magical item in return and make your way back to the noble. Shortly after you have obtained the item, you will be attacked by some nightblades. During the first fight someone will slip the magical item from your pocket and make his escape. On the body of the nightblades you will find the following note:
The mark is a (player's race) named (player's name), who will pick up a (magical item) from (town). Bring the (magical item) to me. The courier is of no importance, dead or alive.
Ask around for the thief until you know the town where he can be found. Travel there and obtain the location of the building where he is staying. Gain entrance to the locked building and confront the thief within. He will summon some rogues for reinforcement once you attack him. Get the magical item from his corpse and return it to the noble in time to receive a generous reward including another magical item.
If you bring back the magical item to the noble in time, he/she will be pleased and says
Excellent, (player's first name), you've returned with my enchanted (magical item) as promised. I heard that you ran into some trouble on the road, and I was beginning to worry that you were lost to us. As a token of my appreciation for a job well done, I am adding a magic (another magical item) to the (random gold) gold I originally promised. I am sure we will make use of your services again in the near future. Thank you.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
If the gold brick or the magical item are not delivered to their destinations in time, you will lose reputation as shown in the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered)
If you attack the thief in his hideout you will lose reputation as seen below.
|Thieves Guild's associated factions||-10|
- 3x Two Nightblades every ten in-game minutes as soon as you get the magical item from the noble's contact
- One Thief
- 6x One Rogue every two in-game minutes (50% chance) as soon as you attack the Thief
- There is a 25% chance that the thief will have the map to the Coven of the Tide with him. However due to a bug in the questfile the map will not reveal the location of the coven on your map. There is third-party patch which fixes this issue. It is part of Donald Tipton's patched quests and can be found within the File:QUESTPAK.ZIP file.
- If you keep the gold brick or the magical item given to you by the noble's contact, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, unlike most quest items.