Dragonborn:Black Book: The Winds of Change (quest)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Read the Black Book The Winds of Change in Raven Rock Mine.
- Make your way through Apocrypha.
- Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Choose your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Enter a large chamber, following the path. Avoid the pool of poisonous water and ascend onto a platform, where a Seeker will attack. After defeating the Seeker, approach the gated wall and activate a Scrye. This will open a gate to your left into a series of tunnels with fenced walls in which there are two tables with soul gems and a pod filled with loot.
You will come to a second Scrye at the end of the passage. Activate it and enter the next chamber to fight a Seeker. This small room contains minor loot and a third Scrye, which opens up a large room with a downward ramp leading to another pool from which a leveled Lurker will emerge. There are two magicka fonts on either side of the pool. Climb the ramp to a table and two pedestals with soul gems and scrolls as well as the fourth Scrye. Activate it, and return down the ramp and activate the final Scrye on your left, which will extend a series of steps giving you access to the last platform.
Ascend the stairs to find the Black Book: Winds of Change. You may pick one reward, and after that, read the book again to return to Solstheim.
- Companion's Insight — Your attacks, shouts, and Destruction spells do no damage to your followers when in combat.
- Lover's Insight — Do 10% more damage and get 10% better prices from people of the opposite sex.
- Scholar's Insight — Reading skill books gives you an extra skill point.
One achievement is related to this quest:
- You can change the reward at any time by traveling to Solstheim and re-reading the book. This will transport you to Apocrypha near the reward location and you can select a different one.
- You may be unable to go back to Solstheim using the activator at the end, instead receiving the message "You are unable to concentrate on what you're reading."
- Step into the black water in Apocrypha. When you lose all your health in the game, you'll be transported out of the book.
- Use the
coccommand to another location, (e.g.,
- Any mods that interfere with fast travel have been known to trigger this. Disabling them may allow you to return.
 Quest Stages
 Quest Objectives
|Black Book: The Winds of Change (DLC2BlackBook04Quest)|
|10||Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge|