|Home Town||Skaal Village|
|Level||PC×1 (min=20)||Class||Frea Combat Style|
|Primary Skills||One-handed, Alteration, Light Armor, Restoration|
|Perks||Critical Shot (rank 1); Custom Fit; Dual Flurry (rank 2); Fighting Stance; Hack and Slash (rank 2); Mage Armor (rank 2); Magic Resistance (rank 1); Recovery (rank 1); Regeneration; Savage Strike|
|Faction(s)||DLC2MQ02AllyFaction; PotentialFollowerFaction; Actors in this will never fill world interaction aliases; Skaal Shaman; DLC2SkaalDialogueFaction; DLC2SkaalVillageCitizenFaction|
Frea is a Nord living in Skaal Village. She is the daughter of Storn, the village's shaman, and will replace him after his death. After completing The Fate of the Skaal, you can persuade her into becoming a follower. If she is a follower on certain quests, she will make unique comments and even have conversations with other NPCs on the quest.
Frea's mother died when she was very young after being caught in a blizzard while returning from gathering firewood. After her mother died, Frea became an angry and restless child. She learned how to fight from Skaf the Giant, the chieftain of the Skaal prior to Fanari, who told her that she should "put that fire to good use."
Frea wears Nordic carved armor with matching boots and gauntlets, as well as a unique Skaal amulet which protects her from Miraak's influence. She carries two war axes, one stalhrim and the other Nordic, as well as a Nordic bow and 12 Nordic arrows.
 Related Quests
- The Temple of Miraak: Uncover the source of Miraak's power in the Temple of Miraak.
- The Fate of the Skaal: Find a way to free the citizens of Skaal Village.
- At the Summit of Apocrypha: Confront Miraak at the summit of Apocrypha and defeat him once and for all.
 Dialogue (Follower)
After completing The Fate of the Skaal, you may let Frea know that you fight well with her and that she should join you, to which she'll respond, "Join you? You mean leave the village to journey with you and fight at your side? I'm flattered, but the village is my home. It's very rare for one of the Skaal to leave, and I have responsibilities here." You will now have two dialogue options:
|You can trust me. I saved your life, remember? (Persuade)||Passed: "You're right. I suppose the others can get by without me for awhile. Very well, if you need my help, seek me out here in the village."
Failed: "I am sorry, but I must refuse. I am grateful for your help, but my place is here, with my people. We Skaal are not like you. We do not seek adventure, we wish only to live in peace and to honor our traditions. I hope you understand."
|Passed: Frea's a Follower
|I'll make it worth your while. (Bribe)||Failed: "The land provides all that I need. I have no use for your coins." or "As I've already told you, I have no need of money."||Failed: Nothing|
|Your Response||Frea's Dialogue|
|Follow me.||"I will shadow your steps."|
|I need to trade some things with you.||"Very well."|
|I need you to do something.||"What would you ask of me?"|
|It's time for us to part ways.||"I need to get back to the village. My father will have need of me." or
"It has been an honor, Skaal-friend."
|Wait here.||"If that is what you wish."|
 Combat Dialogue
|Detecting an enemy||"What was...?"||"Is someone there?"|
|Spotting an enemy||"I knew I heard something!"||"Now we end this!"|
|"Look out!"||"By the All-Maker!"|
|When attacked by the player||"This was a foolish mistake, outsider."||"Back to where you came from!"|
|"You have left me no choice."||"I was a fool to trust you!"|
|"You should have known better."||"That was foolish of you."|
|Taunting an enemy||"Spineless coward!"||"You are without courage!"|
|"Die!"||"I will not fall!"|
|Attacking a Cultist||"Your master cannot help you now!"|
|Attacking a Giant||"You've no right to be here, monster!"||"Back to where you came from!"|
|Losing sight of an enemy||"Come back and fight me!"||"Where'd you go?"|
|Searching for an enemy||"How long do you think you can hide?"||"There is no honor in this."|
|"I'll find you eventually."||"Going to hide, are you?"|
|Giving up the search||"No need to be worried, I suppose."|
|Reacquiring an enemy||"There you are!"||"Knew I'd find you!"|
|"Now we finish this!"|
|Defeating an enemy||"There was no other way it could end."||"And so it ends."|
|"Victorious, again."||"I am sorry, but you left me with no choice."|
|When low on health||"No more!"||"Please, stop!"|
|Witnesses a crime||"Why would you do such a thing?"||"I doubt that was truly necessary."|
|Witnesses a murder||"What... what are you doing?!"||"Oh no! No!"|
- Since Frea's amulet is part of her default outfit, it is somewhat more difficult to get her to equip necklaces as a follower, since they typically do not have an armor rating which would outclass her default amulet.
- Unlike most followers, Frea has no maximum level. She will continue to level up with you.
- Although her default gear is governed by the Heavy Armor skill, Frea is actually more proficient in light armor.
- This issue has been addressed by version 1.0.2 of the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch; it changes her class to favor heavy armor, and adjusts her perks to match.
- If Frea is your follower during The Path of Knowledge/The Gardener of Men, there's a period where she'll leave you but still take up your follower spot. To avoid this, either dismiss her before reading the Black Book Epistolary Acumen; or right after you return from Apocrypha, go to Skaal Village (where she runs to) and dismiss her before speaking with Storn. Otherwise you'll be without a follower until you complete the Dragonborn main questline.
- She is voiced by Elle Newlands.
|This Dragonborn-related article is a stub. You can help by .|