|Karstaag (RefID: xx019666)|
|Location||Castle Karstaag Ruins|
|Perks||Extra Damage 2, Karstaag's Summons|
|Faction(s)||Creature Faction; NPCs Immune to Mehrunes Razor; DLC2RieklingFaction; Giant Faction; Ice Wraith Faction|
Karstaag was a frost giant who lived on Solstheim, and has been dead for over 200 years. The spirit of this ancient creature can be raised as part of the unmarked quest Summoning Karstaag. After defeating Karstaag, you gain the ability to summon him. However, you may only summon him three times total and it must be outdoors. He is one of the toughest enemies in the game to beat, having nearly double the health of the Ebony Warrior. During the battle, he can summon three ice wraiths at a time to distract you. He is much more powerful than a regular giant, being able to attack with his club, causing you to lose several hundred health points. When summoned, he will appear with a Blizzard around himself, which will ragdoll you if you stand too close to him when he is resurrected. After a short time, the blizzard will vanish and he will have a Frost Cloak surrounding him for the rest of the battle. If you leave the courtyard during the battle, Karstaag will have the blizzard surrounding him again when you reenter, but it will become a frost cloak very shortly after reentering.
Karstaag has a 100% resistance to disease, frost, and poison, as well as a 75% resistance to shock. He cannot be ragdolled, and is immune to all forms of paralysis, as well as Mehrunes' Razor, Mora's Grasp, Whirlwind Cloak, and the instant kill effect of Wabbajack. He does have a 25% weakness to fire, however.
He also benefits from a fortified combat healing rate of 0.15% and a fortified healing rate of 0.15%. His normal healing rate combined with his combat healing rate causes him to regenerate 0.3% of his maximum health every second, which is 12 points per second.
 Related Quests
- Summoning Karstaag: Summon and defeat Karstaag.
- Karstaag is a member of the unique "Ghost Giant" race that gives him his ghostly appearance. It has an ID of
- He is undead, meaning that spells such as Stendarr's AuraDG will cause him to lose health.
- After Karstaag is defeated, activating his throne will cause you to sit. The sit animation for Karstaag's throne is unique from other sitting animations in the game.
- Karstaag can be staggered and ragdolled by a summoned werebear.[verification needed — Is this immunity only limited to the player?]
|This Dragonborn-related article is a stub. You can help by .|