|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
Page layout needs to be in regular prose as much as possible, not individual lines. Notes should be integrated into prose as much as possible. Page is a WIP, incomplete, disorganized, etc.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's
|This article could benefit from an image of:
A picture of Miraak as a skeleton.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
(RefID: xx01FB99, xx0186AD, xx0186AE, xx017F82, xx01F999)
|Primary Skills||Speech, One-handed, Heavy Armor, Alteration, Destruction, Restoration|
|Perks||Augmented Shock (Rank 1), Respite, Bladesman (Rank 1), Critical Charge, Magic Resistance (Rank 1), Fighting Stance, Savage Strike, Recovery (Rank 1), Extra Damage 2, Reduce Damage|
|Faction(s)||DLC2ApoTentacleNoHitFaction; DLC2MQ02Faction; Actors in this will never fill world interaction aliases; allied apocrypha creatures; Immune to Bend Will shout; NPCs Immune to Mehrunes Razor; DLC2MQ04MiraakFaction|
Miraak is the primary antagonist of the Dragonborn add-on for Skyrim. He is the First Dragonborn, although that term would not become used until after the time of St. Alessia, the first Dragonborn recorded in history. He ruled over the island of Solstheim, where a large temple was dedicated to him.
He served as a leader of the Dragon Cult and possessed a Dragon Priest Mask called Miraak, given to him by the dragons. At some point, he sought out the teachings of Hermaeus Mora, the Demon of Knowledge, and became his champion. Hermaeus Mora taught Miraak the power to bend the will of dragons. Using this knowledge and his innate ability to devour the souls of dragonkind, he turned on his winged overlords and killed a great number of them. Following this, dragons razed his temple in retaliation. Hermaeus Mora protected his new champion, though Miraak became trapped in the Daedric Prince's realm. For more information, see the lore article.
Miraak knows the following spells and shouts:
- Dragon Shouts
- Become Ethereal, Cyclone, Dragon Aspect, Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Unrelenting Force, Whirlwind Sprint
 Related Quests
- Dragonborn: Travel to the island of Solstheim to find out what's happening there.
- The Temple of Miraak: Uncover the source of Miraak's power in the Temple of Miraak.
- At the Summit of Apocrypha: Confront Miraak at the summit of Apocrypha and defeat him once and for all.
 Quest-Related Dialogue
 At the Summit of Apocrypha
Miraak may say one of the following lines during the duel with him: "Hermaeus Mora is laughing at us, you know." or "Fate decreed that you had to die so that I could win my freedom." or "This is the only way, Dragonborn. The only way I can be free." or "You could have been mighty, if fate had decreed otherwise."
If Miraak is below 25% of his health and you have finished the quest: The Way Of The Voice, he might say: "The Greybeards taught you well." If Miraak is below 25% of his health, he might say: "You are strong. Stronger than I believed possible." If Miraak has more than 50% of his health, he might say: "I am done being Hermaeus Mora's pawn."
If you have killed less than 10 dragons, he might say: "You fight valiantly against fate, but I am stronger here." If you have killed a number of dragons between 10-25, he might say: "I know things the Greybeards will never teach you." If you have killed over 25 dragons, he might say: "This cannot be. I am master of my own fate!" If you have killed over 25 dragons and Miraak is below 25% of his health, he might say: "Beware. Hermaeus Mora will betray you as he has me."
If you have defeated Alduin, he might say: "Felling Alduin was a mighty deed, and I thank you for it. He would have proved troublesome to me." or "They wanted to use me to deal with Alduin - Hakon and the rest. I chose otherwise."
When you use all three words of the Dragon Aspect shout, he might say: "So, you use my own Shout against me. You learn quickly."
Miraak may taunt his dragons by saying: "Join the Last Dragonborn in his/her destruction." or "So easily you betray me, after all these years." He may taunt Kruziikrel: "I thought you were stronger than this, Kruziikrel." He may also taunt Sahrotaar: "I always knew you were weak-minded, Sahrotaar."
When losing sight of you, Miraak may say: "There's no escape from this place." or "You are in my power here." or "Hiding is beneath you, Dragonborn."
When spotting you, Miraak may say: "Ah, now we can finish this." or "Did you think to escape me?" or "It's too late for regrets, Dragonborn."
If you jump off the tower you fight Miraak on, upon being teleported back he may say one of the following lines: "You cannot flee me, Dragonborn." or "I can call you back to my tower as often as I like." or "Your death will not be that painless."
 Quest-Related Events
 The Temple of Miraak
Upon reading the Black Book: Waking Dreams, you will be teleported to Apocrypha just in time to hear Miraak say "The time comes soon when..." Miraak will then acknowledge you by saying "What? Who are you to dare set foot here? Ahh... You are Dragonborn. I can feel it. And yet..."
At this point his dialogue will differ depending on your certain circumstances.
Dialogue Conditions "You have done little beyond killing a few dragons." Less than 10 dragons killed "You have defeated dragons, yes, but still..." Between 10 and 25 dragons killed "You have slain a great many dragons, I see. And yet..." Over 25 dragons killed "So you have slain Alduin... Well done. I could have slain him myself, back when I walked the earth, but I chose a different path." Completed Dragonslayer
Regardless of which line he speaks, Miraak will always follow with "You have no idea of the true power a Dragonborn can wield!" He will then demonstrate the Dragon Aspect shout to you, and say "This realm is beyond you. You have no power here. And it is only a matter of time before Solstheim is also mine. I already control the minds of its people. Soon they will finish building my temple, and I can return home." Miraak will turn to the four seekers and say: "Send him/her back where he/she came from. He/She can await my arrival with the rest of Tamriel." The seekers will then shower you with their Seeker Drain spell. While you slowly lose consciousness, you can see Miraak mount Sahrotaar and fly away.
 At the Summit of Apocrypha
Upon your arrival with Sahrotaar, Miraak will say "Sahrotaar, are you so easily swayed? No. Not yet. We should greet our guest first. And so the First Dragonborn meets the Last Dragonborn at the summit of Apocrypha. No doubt just as Hermaeus Mora intended. He is a fickle master, you know. But now I will be free of him. My time in Apocrypha is over. You are here in your full power, and thus subject to my full power. You will die. And with the power of your soul, I will return to Solsthiem and be master of my own fate once again." Miraak will then initiate combat and may say "Kruziikrel! Relonikiv! Now!"
When Miraak reaches somewhere between 20% and 10% of his health, he will say "Kruziikrel, ziil los dii du!" and absorb Kruziikrel's soul and regain full health. For the second time when Miraak reaches somewhere between 20% and 10% of his health, he will say "Relonikiv, ziil los dii du!" and absorb Relonikiv's soul to regain full health. For the third time when Miraak reaches somewhere between 20% and 10% of his health, he will say: "Sahrotaar, ziil los dii du!" and absorb Sahrotaar's soul to regain full health.
For the fourth and final time, when Miraak's health gets low enough, he will use his Become Ethereal and Whirlwind Sprint shouts to try to escape. Hermaeus Mora will appear and cause Miraak to hover over the center. Hermaeus Mora will say "Did you think you could escape me, Miraak? You can hide nothing from me here." and will stab him with a tentacle to kill him. Hermaeus Mora will then continue his speech: "No matter. I have found a new Dragonborn to serve me." Miraak, in his dying breath will then say "May he/she be rewarded for his/her service as I am!" Miraak will then disintegrate into a skeleton, and Hermaeus Mora will tell you "Miraak harbored fantasies of rebellion against me. Learn from his example. Serve me faithfully, and you will continue to be richly rewarded."
 Stealing Souls
Once you complete the quest The Temple of Miraak, Miraak will begin stealing dragon souls from you, whether you are in Skyrim or on Solstheim. The first time you kill a dragon, he will always appear, and thereafter every time you kill a dragon with a soul that can be absorbed, there is a 25% chance that Miraak will appear. When this occurs, he will be in a semi-transparent and invulnerable state, and will absorb the soul of the slain dragon, preventing you from obtaining it. He will then disappear. This event will continue to happen until Miraak is defeated during the quest At the Summit of Apocrypha.
When Miraak steals a dragon soul, he may say one of the following lines: "Not this time, Dragonborn. This one's mine." or "It takes a strong will to command a Dragon's soul, perhaps you aren't as powerful as you think." or "Do you ever wonder if it hurts, having your soul ripped out like that?" or "This dragon's soul belongs to me." or "Thank you for your help. We will meet again soon." or "I grow ever stronger, Dragonborn." or "One step closer to my return.". The first time he appears he always says one of these lines.
The only exception is when you kill the dragon at Saering's Watch during The Fate of the Skaal. If you do not have any stored souls, and you haven't yet unlocked the first word of Bend Will, Miraak will not appear.
- His name means "allegiance guide" in the dragon language.
- There are several different versions of Miraak encountered during the main quest. They have the IDs
xx0200D9and are of the Nord race. The Miraak that is encountered during the quest At the Summit of Apocrypha has a race called Nord with an ID of
- At his highest possible level, Miraak is one of the two highest level NPCs in the game (the other being Arngeir, whose level is static).
- You can become Miraak's slave for as long as you like. Approach an All-Maker stone that has not yet been cleansed, and you will start using a hammer and chisel to shape the stone, attempting to move will bring you back to normal. This also occurs if you sleep on Solstheim.
- He uses a special four word shout that allows him to kill a dragon instantly, absorb its soul, and heal himself. It is the dragon's name followed by "ziil los dii du!", which translates to "[Dragon's name], your soul is mine to devour!" The shout has an ID of
DLC2MiraakFakeShoutSpelland is called "Marked For Death - Krii." This is the only shout that has four words.
- He cannot be ragdolled under any circumstances, but can be staggered.
- His Dragon Aspect shout will give him the benefits from the shout, but it won't summon an Ancient Dragonborn to fight for him.
- Originally, Miraak was to be first battled in the exterior of his temple during The Temple of Miraak and has some unused dialogue relating to the encounter. You could engage in conversation with him, and Miraak would have said: "And here you are, just as I asked. How very kind of you. I presume you've already seen some of what I've accomplished. There is so, so much more to be done. I'm glad you're here." You could have then said that he said he would show you your true power, and he would have replied by saying: "If only it could be so. In order to subdue this chaotic world, to set things right, I must return to this realm in full." You then had two options: You could have said no, and Miraak would have said: "Then this will be over soon for you." You could have said yes, and Miraak would have said: "Good. Then let us see who truly has the soul of the Dov." Either way, Miraak would have then initiated combat.
- After Miraak is defeated his corpse may fall through the floor preventing his items from being looted.
- Using the console command
player.moveto xx01fb99(xx may be 02 or 03 depending on load order of mods) will bring you to the place that Miraak fell to. It is right below the place you fight him, on standable ground. You can also use the command
tclto turn off collision to clip through the floor, loot his corpse, then move back up to the surface. Use
tclagain to turn collision back on.
- Using the console command
- The battle with Miraak is scripted. When Miraak drops below 20% health, he will become ethereal and head to the pool in the center of the platform. After killing a dragon and absorbing its soul, he will regain full health and continue the fight. This cycle must happen twice in order to complete the battle. However, if you deal enough damage in a single strike or spell to bring him below 10% health, he will kill a dragon, absorb its soul, but will be unable to regain full health. This will cause him to stay ethereal, making the fight impossible to complete.
- Open the console, click on Miraak, and type
ResetHealth. This should bring Miraak back to full health, causing him to drop the ethereal effect and continue the battle.
- Reloading a save should fix this. You may want to make a save before fighting Miraak, as the last autosave checkpoint is before the dragon riding tutorial.
- Becoming fully hidden may fix this. There is a stack of books that sneaking behind should suffice.
- If none of the above options work, Dragonrend Sahrotaar only. Once he lands, kill him. It may take a while, but he won't attack you. After you kill him, Miraak should almost immediately absorb Sahrotaar's soul, and the fight can continue. [verification needed]
- Open the console, click on Miraak, and type
|This Dragonborn-related article is a stub. You can help by .|