|Home Town||Skaal Village|
|Faction(s)||DLC2PillarBuilderFaction; DLC2SV01TombFaction; DLC2SkaalVillageCitizenFaction; DLC2SVGreathallFaction|
Tharstan is an elderly historian and author currently residing in Skaal Village on Solstheim. He wrote the book Children of the All-Maker and is currently working on the definitive history of the Skaal. He used to reside in Solitude.
He will spend most of his daytime wandering around Skaal Village and observing the daily activities of local people. At night, he will stay in the Greathall.
You may ask him various things about his identity and study:
- "You're not one of the Skaal?"
- "Oh no, most certainly not. I'm here to learn about the history of Solstheim."
- "Solstheim is a fascinating place, but we know so little about its past. There are many mysteries that remain unsolved."
- "What did you make of that stone structure everyone was building?"
- "Yes, that was a most disturbing experience. But to answer your question, the architecture was strange, almost otherworldly."
- "Given that, and the considerable power it must have taken to affect our minds so completely, it would suggest the work of a powerful mage."
- "Either that, or perhaps a daedra. If so, then may the nine protect us."
- "A daedra?"
- "Powerful and malevolent entities who make their home on the plane of Oblivion."
- "Some of the more powerful among them can exert their influence within our world, and when they do, men inevitably suffer."
- "How long have you been studying the Skaal?"
- "Well, let me think..."
- "I suppose it's been nearly a year now. My goodness, how the time has flown!"
- "And the Skaal don't mind being studied?"
- "Well, not so far. They think I'm a bit strange, but they seem to tolerate me."
- "In fact, they've been very accommodating. Hospitable, even. They seem happy to talk about their traditions and history."
 Related Quests
|This Dragonborn-related article is a stub. You can help by .|