Dragonborn talk:Old Friends
I notice that Reluctant Steward or Healing a House is mentioned in the walkthrough, but not in the Prerequisites section. I'd add them myself, but I think there's more to it than that. From Neloth's dialogue during this quest, he makes reference to Reluctant Steward and Briarheart Necropsy, so I think that one is related as well. If anyone has any other experiences with obtaining this quest, it would be good to find out what the prerequisites are.
Neloth may in fact give you a bed and chest
The bugs section reads:
"Even though Neloth tells you he will keep a bed and chest for you, there is not a chest specifically for you and all of the beds are still owned."
I noticed that you can in fact sleep in the bed in the stewards house next to Neloths tower and have access to the chest, perhaps thats the housing you get.--188.8.131.52 02:33, 10 February 2013 (GMT)
- That bed is given to you after Unlikely Steward by the new steward. The chest is likely the same deal, as it is available prior to completing the quest line. Jeancey (talk) 02:38, 10 February 2013 (GMT)
Was going to add the reward to the quest, thinking of linking it to the house telvanni page, but should I link it to the Telvanni page for morrowind or the lore page? I don't want to add confusion, as you could join the house in morrowind, and it's meerely a title in Dragonborn. Also, is the staff he gives you levelled? I personally recieved a grand staff of turning, anyone else? (Seventhsage (talk) 15:18, 19 February 2013 (GMT))
- Since it has no actual effect on the game, it should not go in the template. Linking to the Lore page is fine in the rewards section of the text, but definitely not the morrowind page, since it is unrelated. If they need to find it, they can get there from the morrowind page :) Jeancey (talk) 15:23, 19 February 2013 (GMT)
Rescue of Niyya
I did not rescue Niyya during the quest but went back following completion to pick up alchemy items etc. Tried to engage in a conversation to free her but all I got was "Hmmm?" and "Need something?"
Is it worth checking to see if her rescue is only possible during the quest?
- It is possible to resque her during the quest. She has a bit of dialogue about your target. If you make sure all enemies are dead and traps are sprung on the way back to the exit, she'll survive and head to the Reching Netch.
- --184.108.40.206 20:21, 3 April 2013 (GMT)
I'm not certain if this has happened to any other players but upon bringing the heart stone to Neloth, he exited conversation with me to cast the spell and the heart stone and Ring of Tracking were removed from my inventory, but he did not actually perform it, instead walking around in little short paths. Speaking to him only caused him to ask, "Have you found the source of the attacks?" as before, but the option to begin the conversation again did not appear. This was easily fixed by restarting from a previous save, if not tiresome. Thelisaraptor (talk) 17:47, 5 April 2013 (GMT)
- This just happened to me on my PS3 game. Reloading seemed to fix it just fine. 220.127.116.11 03:18, 15 April 2013 (GMT)
Possible bug 2?
Going after Ildari, I defeated her ash spawn and ash guardian, and out of nowhere came a riekling warrior with a headdress. He was friendly and helped me as I progressed past the ash guardian towards Ildari. (I have previously killed the Riekling chief and I guess become the new Riekling chief.) Approaching Ildari, I used stealth and saw the quest marker over her head. I shot an arrow towards her and killed another Riekling from stealth- a warrior, no headdress. Continuing with stealth up to Ildari, I found her lying on an anvil heaving like she was throwing up. Stood around for a while, got out of stealth, stole her stuff, tried to talk to her, no response. But I was able to rip her heart out. Did the Riekling defeat her before I came around the corner? Very weird. Was able to finish the quest quite easily, and was able to loot Ildari's body normally. But why did I not have to fight her? --18.104.22.168 05:00, 12 September 2013 (GMT)
Crash -- Rip heart out
Regarding the unconfirmed nature of "The game may crash when attempting to rip out Ildari's heart" -- I can confirm this is true in fact. However, it does not seem to be a guaranteed crash. The first time I tried ripping her heart out the game crashed to desktop for me. So, I tried again obviously... and... no crash. But the fact it crashed the first time around does suggest that this crash is indeed confirmed. 22.214.171.124 09:46, 12 April 2013 (GMT)
Bug - Ring takes you to wrong place
I hit another bug with this quest. The ring doesn't make the sarcophagus glow, but instead makes an invisible object glow down the other side of the tower - near the Deathbrand chest.
I noticed the invisible object before starting this quest because it shows up under "Detect Dead". You can't interact with it directly, but the force shout will move it.
Once you figure out it's in the wrong place & find the real sarcophagus, the quest continues as normal. So it's an irritation to look out for more than anything. On the PS3. Malatoth (talk) 13:37, 27 April 2013 (GMT)
- This happened to me too. The glowing whatever was directly at the foot of the ramp out his door. I found the sarcophagus with the quest item entirely by coincidence. --126.96.36.199 23:49, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
As I entered the final chamber I saw Ildari already defeated with two Riekling warriors standing next to her.
I guess after I became the new chief they somehow got in and defeated Ildari as I was making my way to her.