This page is intended to help editors who want to contribute new Skyrim content to UESP.
 New Pages
- Plagiarized content is not allowed on the site. Do not copy content from other sources, except for limited situations (for example, where important information cannot otherwise be obtained; and where no copyright/intellectual property laws or guidelines are violated). In particular, do not copy content from the Official Game Guide into UESP articles.
- Skyrim articles should provide a complete description of the game features, written assuming the reader has not played any previous Elder Scrolls games. In other words, articles should not simply be a list of differences between Skyrim and Oblivion. Any noteworthy differences should be kept at General: Differences Between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.
- Skyrim content should be organized similarly to other sections of UESP. For example:
- Each quest, location, and NPC should have an individual page. Although some of these pages may initially only contain one sentence, eventually the articles will be fleshed out.
- Most items should not have individual pages. Rather, a redirect should be created for the item, pointing to a more general page that summarizes the statistics for a set of related items. Exceptions are Artifacts and Leveled Items.
 Improving Pages
A large number of tags are being added to new Skyrim articles to help editors find pages that are in need of work. Many pages need to be expanded in almost every way conceivable. Though a lot of work needs to be done to completely document Skyrim, remember that Perfection Isn't Required. Categories listing these pages include:
- Category:Skyrim Quests Needing Descriptions
- Category:Skyrim Places Needing Descriptions
- Category:Skyrim Pages Needing Verification
- Category:Skyrim Pages Needing Images
 See Also
- Quick Editing Guide: A table of the most commonly used formatting commands.
- Common Mistakes: Some mistakes that are commonly made by new editors.
- Formatting: More detailed information on wiki formatting.
- Spelling: Spelling rules for commonly misspelled words on UESPWiki.
- Links: Creating and using links between wiki pages.
- Lore: Guidelines for articles in the lore namespace.
 External Links
Note: UESP generally follows Wikipedia style. Where guidelines differ, those on UESP policy and help pages should generally prevail.