|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
Anequina (also known as Anaquina and Ne Quin-al) was a kingdom in southern Tamriel that merged with its rival Pellitine in 2E 309 to form the province of Elsweyr. It occupied the southeast of the province, around the city of Senchal. However, the map of Elsweyr from Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition contradicts 2920, instead showing the kingdom in the north. Only two of the rulers of the kingdom are known. Keirgo married Pellitine's ruler Eshita to seal the merger of the two kingdoms in 2E 309. Darloc Brae, known as The Beast of Anequina was ruler in 1E 461 when he attended the coronation of the Emperor Gorieus. It is unclear whether Beast was a title always given to the ruler, or a specific appellation for Darloc Brae.
The kingdom is best remembered as the scene of a battle between Elsweyr and Valenwood called the Heart of Anequina, immortalized in a tapestry by renowned artist Cherim and described in a book of the same name.
In 4E 115, a coup backed by the Thalmor dissolved the Elsweyr Confederacy. In its place, the kingdoms of Anequina and Pelletine were recreated and became client states of the second Aldmeri Dominion.
- ^ a b Map of Elsweyr from the Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st ed
- ^ a b c Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: Sugar and Blood: the Cats of the South — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- ^ a b Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: The Elsweyr Confederacy — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- ^ Book Two of 2920, The Last Year of the First Era-Sun's Dawn — Carlovac Townway
- ^ Rislav the Righteous — Sinjin
- ^ Interviews With Tapestrists vol. 18: Cherim's Heart of Anequina — Livillus Perus, Professor at the Imperial University
- ^ A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion — Legate Justianus Quintius