The gods of Tamriel are as varied as the many cultures' traditions of worship. Individual gods (used as a general term to indicate any entity worshipped by one of Tamriel's cultures) are listed alphabetically on each of the sub-articles listed above. This article provides some general information about relationships between the different gods.
Types of Gods
Generally, there are several distinct groups into which the various gods fall:
- Many versions of Anu and Padomay, the two primal forces. These two entities are recognized under various names in most faiths.
- The et'Ada are the "original spirits", a race of divine beings resulting from the interplay of Anu and Padomay, including:
- Other divine spirits, or Ada, such as Morihaus and Pelinal Whitestrake, are descended from the et'Ada.
- On occasion, a mortal, such as Talos and the Tribunal, will achieve apotheosis, becoming a god.
In Tamriel, cultural pantheons of certain provinces have different gods that they worship, though some gods are worshipped in several areas.
- In Cyrodiil, worship of either the Nine Divines or the Daedric Princes is common, especially among the native Imperials.
- In Morrowind, the Daedric Princes and the Tribunal are commonly worshipped, specifically among the native Dunmer.
- In Skyrim, worship of the old Nordic pantheon still persists in some Holds, while others have adopted the modern Imperial pantheon.
This table contains all names of beings worshipped by the nine major races in Tamriel. Please note that various faiths acknowledge many gods, but do not necessarily worship them. This table is therefore not a complete list of all known gods.
Little is known about the culture of Black Marsh, and therefore no gods are listed from that region.
Finally, Orsimer gods are not listed as they don't have a specific province, but instead a kingdom in the High Rock - Orsinium. Although Orsimer Gods are not listed, they predominantly worship Malacath and/or Trinimac.