|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
Hegathe (also Old Hegathe) is a town in southwestern Hammerfell, to the south of Sentinel. The name is an Aldmeris word meaning "Deathlands" and was originally given by the Aldmer to the entire region later known as Hammerfell. After the Ra Gada arrived in Hammerfell, they made Hegathe the capital of their new realm. It held this status until the Interregnum, when the capital was moved to Sentinel as the result of a power struggle between the Crowns and the Forebears.
Hegathe has some association with assassination. The first mention of the Dark Brotherhood was found in the journals of the town's Blood Queen Arlimahera, and it was an initiate in the local Morwha conservatorium who is reputed to have killed Emperor Reman III in 1E 2920.
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Hegathe's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Bloodhorns".[oog 1]
- ^ Map of Hammerfell
- ^ Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The Ra Gada: Hammerfell — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- ^ Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Hammerfell — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- ^ The Brothers of Darkness — Pellarne Assi
- ^ Book Twelve of 2920, The Last Year of the First Era - Evening Star — Carlovac Townway
Note: the following references are not found in game. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.