Lore:Second Era Major
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Dawn Era — Merethic Era — First Era — Second Era — Third Era — Fourth Era
All Events | Only Major Events
All Events | Only Major Events
Note: The Second Era of Tamriel is also commonly referred to as the Common Era, CE.
 Second Century
- 2E 230 — The first Mages Guild is formed.
- Sickened by the foolishness of his superiors in the Psijic Order, Vanus Galerion founds the new guild in Firsthold.
 Fourth Century
- 2E 309 — The province of Elsweyr is founded.
- Kiergo and Eshita, rulers of the minor kingdoms Anequina and Pellitine, marry. The kingdoms are combined to create the province of Elsweyr, sparking a great class war which almost resulted in outside intervention.
- 2E 324 — Potentate Versidue-Shaie is murdered.
- The Potentate was murdered in his palace, in what is today the Elsweyr kingdom of Senchal, by the Morag Tong.
- 2E 358 — Earliest known written record of the Dark Brotherhood
- A note was found beneath the floorboards of an abandoned house in the Nordic village of Jallenheim. Depicting a war between two shadowy organizations, scholars speculate that this is a rare piece of evidence of the war between the Morag Tong and its hated offshoot, the Dark Brotherhood. The Brotherhood was probably in existence before this date, but its secrecy shrouds its true origins, though it was most likely formed by several ex-members of the Morag Tong.
 Fifth Century
- 2E 430 — Potentate Savirien-Chorak dies.
- Savirien-Chorak and all of his heirs were murdered by the Morag Tong, ending the years of the Akaviri Potentate and the Second Empire of Cyrodiil. Some historians date this event in 2E 431.
- Orsinium loses the status of an Imperial territory, as a result of the death of the last Potentate and the dissolution of the Second Empire.
 Sixth Century
- 2E 541 — Reachmen invasion of High Rock
- Durcorach the Black Drake invaded the land of the Bretons, but was defeated by the kingdoms of High Rock. The kings of Daggerfall, Camlorn, Shornhelm, Evermore, and Wayrest signed the first Daggerfall Covenant after the victory.
- 2E 560 — The Knahaten Flu
- A strain of the Knahaten Flu hits the southern provinces of Tamriel causing many deaths. The Argonians were strangely immune to the flu which has led some to believe they were responsible for it in some way. The flu continued until around 2E 603.
- 2E 563 — Emeric is crowned King of Wayrest.
- 2E 572 — The Akaviri invaders of Morrowind are defeated.
- The Akaviri invaders were killed when the land mysteriously became flooded. Despite the extensive flooding, almost no Dunmer people were injured or killed. Legend has it that the god Vivec taught the Dunmeri to breathe water and flooded the island. Another version of the event states that Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal landed in northeast Skyrim with an Akaviri army and proceeded to capture Windhelm. En route to Riften, Dir-Kamal learned it was protected by forces under Jorunn the Skald-King and Wulfharth the Ash-King, and bypassed that city in favor of attacking Mournhold. Dir-Kamal was then trapped between Jorunn's forces and a Dunmer army led by Almalexia; with the timely aid of a phalanx of Argonian troops, they drove the Akaviri invaders into the sea to drown.
- 2E 572 — Jorunn the Skald-King is crowned High King of Skyrim.
- Having defeated the Akaviri invaders, Jorunn returns to Windhelm and is crowned High King of Skyrim in the throne room of the Palace of the Kings.
- An arcane energy explosion known as the Soulburst occurs in the Imperial City and sends mystical aftershocks across Nirn, causing mages to die or go mad, Daedra to appear in greater numbers, and the constellation of the Serpent to dominate the night sky. In the ensuing chaos, the Daedric Prince Molag Bal deploys Dark Anchors to begin pulling Nirn into his realm of Coldharbour to merge the two together.
- 2E 580 — Ayrenn is crowned Queen of Alinor.
- After having disappeared in 2E 563, Ayrenn was assumed lost and her eldest brother Prince Naemon was named the next heir to the throne. When King Hidellith died and Naemon prepared to assume the throne, Ayrenn returned to Summerset Isle, asserted her prior claim, and was crowned.
- 2E 582 — The Alliance War begins.
- Three competing alliances are formed by the nations of Tamriel to defend against the Imperials under Molag Bal's influence. The Aldmeri Dominion, consisting of Summerset Isle, Valenwood, and Elsweyr, seeks to reestablish Elven dominance over Tamriel to protect it from the carelessness of the younger races. The Daggerfall Covenant, consisting of High Rock, Hammerfell, and Orsinium, intends to restore the Second Empire and return peace and stability to Tamriel. The Ebonheart Pact, consisting of Skyrim, Morrowind, and Black Marsh, desires to defeat the Imperials in order to preserve the independence of their homelands.
 Seventh Century
 Ninth Century
- 2E 828 — Probable birth of Tiber Septim.
- 2E 830 — The Aldmeri Dominion is reformed.
- The dominion was formed by the realms of Summerset Isles and Valenwood when the heirs of the Camoran Dynasty began to fight over the Valenwood throne.
- 2E 852 — The Tiber Wars begin.
- Forces led by General Talos, later known as Tiber Septim, begin a series of conflicts that result in the unification of Tamriel under the Third Empire and mark the final years of the Second Era.
- The stronghold of Sancre Tor is captured by Nord-Breton invaders. In the dead of winter, General Talos led a daring assault and retook the stronghold against overwhelming odds. He recovered the Amulet of Kings from the Tomb of Reman III below Sancre Tor.
- 2E 854 — Cuhlecain is assassinated.
- The King of the Colovian Estates was assassinated by a High Rock nightblade, just prior to his coronation as the Emperor. The assassin also burned the Imperial Palace to the ground and attempted to kill General Talos, who was crowned in Cuchlecain's stead as Tiber Septim.
- 2E 862 — Thassad II dies.
- The High King of Hammerfell, Thassad II, dies from natural causes, being considerably ill and old at the time of his death. After his death, leader of the Forebears, Baron Volag, starts a revolution to reinstate the republic.
- 2E 864 — The Battle of Hunding Bay.
- Crown Prince A'tor, son of Thassad II, heir to Hammerfell and leader of the Crowns, led his forces in continual victory over the Forebears. Desperate, they asked Tiber Septim for help, who sent his forces led by Lord Admiral Amiel Richton, who destroyed the Crown forces at the harbor of Stros M'Kai.
- 2E 864 — The Rebellion of Stros M'Kai.
- The date of the Redguard rebellion on the island of Stros M'Kai off the coast of Hammerfell. The Restless League, led by siblings Cyrus and Iszara, destroyed the Imperial fleet in the harbor of Stros M'Kai and defeated the small contingent of the Imperial Legion stationed on the island.
- Lord Amiel Richton, Provisional Governor of Stros M'Kai, dies at the hands of Cyrus, wielding a sword enchanted with the soul of Crown Prince A'tor.
- Baron Volag came out of hiding and retook the Forebear city of Sentinel. Following the two uprisings, Emperor Tiber Septim was forced to sign a peace treaty on terms more favorable to Hammerfell.
- 2E 882 — Dagoth Ur reawakens.
- Dagoth Ur and his Ash Vampires awaken underneath the Red Mountain, where they bind themselves to the Heart of Lorkhan. They ambush the Tribunes during their annual ritual bathing in the Heart's power, and drive them off.
- 2E 896 — The transformation of Cyrodiil.
- After the fall of Alinor, Tiber Septim changes Cyrodiil's tropical climate into a temperate one.
- Beginning of the Third Era is pronounced by Tiber Septim at the end of the year.
<ref> tags exist for a group named "nb", but no corresponding
<references group="nb"/> tag was found