- "Saint Veloth the Pilgrim appeared before Baranat in shining robes, and smiled upon him, "Baranat, put down your blade and I will make you swifter than bolt of lightning." — The Prayers of Baranat
Saint Veloth the Pilgrim is the patron saint of Outcasts and Spiritual Seekers in the Dunmeri pantheon. In the late Dawn Era or the Late Middle Merethic Era, he was a prophet and mystic who believed the Aldmer culture in Summerset Isle had become decadent. Seeking a more pure and ascetic way of life, he led a great migration of Chimer (the ancestors of modern-day Dunmer) into the promised land of Resdayn (Morrowind). The Chimer settled the area rapidly, enjoying a golden age of culture, architecture, and spirituality. Saint Veloth taught the difference between the Good and Bad Daedra, and won the aid of the Good Daedra for his people while also instructing on how to carefully negotiate with the Bad Daedra.
The Velothi Mountains are named after him, as are the Velothi towers of Morrowind. The golden age of Chimeri history is known as the period of High Velothi Culture. The influence of antiquity is keenly felt, as 'Velothi' is still an accurate descriptor of the Dunmer people, and is used in connection with references to their oldest cultural traditions. In addition, many magical items with healing enchantments bear his name, but the most well known artifact is the powerful Judgment of Saint Veloth warhammer, last known to be in the possession of the Tribunal Temple at the end of the Third Era.
Veloth's teachings of fundamentalist ancestor worship are still practiced by the Ashlanders who see themselves as direct descendants of the Aldmeri peoples who followed the Prophet Veloth. Heralded by the Prophet Veloth, Boethiah is the original god-ancestor of the Dark Elves. Through his illuminations, the eventual 'Chimer', or Changed Folk, renounced all ties to the Aldmer and founded a new culture which venerated Daedra. All manner of Dark Elven cultural 'advances' are attributed to Boethiah, from philosophy to magic to 'responsible' architecture. Ancient Velothi allegories are uniformly heroic successes of Boethiah over enemies of every type, foundation stories of Chimeri struggle. The spiritual beliefs and metaphysical ideals of Lord Vivec spring directly from the teachings of Veloth, whose movement he regarded as an element of barbarism necessary to break from Aldmeri culture.
- End of the Journey — The tale of the journey of Saint Veloth
- Exodus from Summerset — Praise for Saint Veloth the Pilgrim
- Veloth the Pilgrim by Cascius the Proud — A biography of Saint Veloth the Pilgrim
- The Judgment of Saint Veloth by Magistrix Vox — A description of a relic of Saint Veloth
- Relics of Saint Veloth — A description of the relics of Saint Veloth
- The True Nature of Orcs
- Lives of the Saints — Tribunal Temple
- The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: Stonefalls and Deshaan — Flaccus Terentius, 2E 581
- The House of Troubles
- The Stranger
- The Seven Visions
- Events of Morrowind
- Zainsubani's Notes — Hassour Zainsubani
- Progress of Truth — Dissident Priests