Morrowind:A Wizard's Staff
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to any Mages Guild member ranked Wizard or higher about advancement.
- Learn that you need a Wizard's Staff before you can be promoted to Wizard.
- Either buy a staff for 5,000 gold...
- ...or learn that the renegade Anirne has one:
- Return for your promotion.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 A Wizard's Staff
This isn't a quest per se, but rather a requirement. To reach the rank of Wizard, you first need a Wizard's staff (all guild quest givers should tell you the same information). You can either buy one for 5,000 gold (it's worth 10,000), or ask about the former guild member Anirne, who can be found in Sud, a cavern on the west coast of Sheogorad, west of Dagon Fel.
The caverns are pretty empty until you reach a point where you must levitate onto some stone towers oddly placed in the middle of nowhere. You'll encounter a variety of creatures including some skeleton archers, and leveled daedra. Anirne can be found in a room reached by levitation or some clever jumping just west of the entrance. There is a sunken treasure chest nearby with two cheap potions of rising force and two standard potions of jump if you lack the spell or jumping ability. She will have the staff on her body when you kill her. Don't forget to look around for loot.
Once you have the staff, you can return to any Mages Guild hall for advancement to Wizard.
- There is also a Wizard's Staff in the Laterus Chamber of the Urshilaku Burial Caverns (levitation needed). The staff is on the very top in the west part next to a skill book and a chest (the rock it's on is darker). The burial caverns here are part of the main questline.
- Yet another Wizard's Staff can be found in the Daedric ruins of Ramimilk. This can be found south-southeast of Ald'ruhn and due west from Ghostgate. It is a very small shrine, and the staff can be found through the trapped door behind the statue on a table to the right.
- Edwinna Elbert and Procyon Nigilius each have a Wizard's Staff.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.