|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This article is about the quest. For the item, see Ash Statue (item).
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Lloros Sarano for duties.
- Ask Varvur Sarethi about the Suspicious Ash Statue.
- Speak with and kill Galtis Guvron.
- Report back to Sarano and be directed to Hanarai Assutlanipal.
- Talk with and kill Hanarai.
- Return to Lloros Sarano.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Galtis Guvron
Talk with Varvur and learn that he received it from Galtis Guvron at The Rat in the Pot Cornerclub in town (hint: if you ask around the inn before talking with Lloros, he's the one who denies all knowledge). Guvron will attack you as soon as you mention the statue and you'll be forced to kill him. On his corpse you'll find a note signed Hanarai.
 Hanarai Assutlanipal
Talk with Sarano about the note and he'll say he thinks it refers to Hanarai Assutlanipal who has a house in Ald'ruhn. He gives you four Quality Restore Health potions, one Cure Blight Disease potion, and one Cure Common Disease potion, in case Hanarai turns out to be as violent as Guvron. Go in and Hanarai will attack you as soon as you mention the statue. Once she is dead, search her house, and you'll note that her cellar is a Sixth House shrine. The reddish glow around the heavily locked door is a giveaway.
Report back to Sarano to complete the quest.
- After killing Hanarai, visit Dravasa Andrethi's at his house in the city. He is one of the Sleepers, and speaking to him about the "Sixth House" will earn you 1 Reputation point, in addition to the 1 you receive from completing this quest.
- You can start this quest before finishing the quest to Clear Varvur Sarethi's Name.
- A key unlocking the door to the basement shrine can be found hanging on the wall in an alcove under the stairs.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Clear Varvur Sarethi's Name||Up: House Redoran Quests||Next: Find Fedris Tharen|