|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||1|
|# of Samples||28 in rocks
12 in crates
|Miners, Hlaalu Guards, Slaves|
|Console Location Code(s)|
"Caldera, Mining Bunkhouse"
"Caldera, Mining Company Office"
"Caldera, Mining Guard Tower"
"Caldera, Slave Shack One"
"Caldera, Slave Shack Two"
|West Gash, [-3,1]|
Caldera Mine is an ebony mine just over the mountains west of Caldera.
All major powers in Morrowind have an interest here. The mine is run by Imperial Charter by some of the most corrupt elements within House Hlaalu, and staffed by slaves. As you investigate, you will find that Cunius Pelelius is using this mine to fund a personal project. House Redoran is known not to be pleased with this state of affairs, since it considers Caldera to be Redoran territory. Some thieves hired by House Telvanni in a cave nearby also cause some trouble. Even the Emperor's spies keep an eye on the going-ons.
The mine is moderately sized, and is protected by 3 House Hlaalu guards. The mine is worked by 3 named Dunmer miners and 4 named slaves. Freeing the slaves causes the production of the mine to slow down. One slave specifically might stir up trouble.
The bunkhouse contains some crates with raw Ebony. The ledger here shows nothing out of the ordinary....
|Dahleena||Khajiit||Slave||9||94||92||0||0||Slave Shack Two|
|Elynea Norvayn||Dunmer||Warrior||12||140||98||0||30||Company Office|
|Kiseena||Khajiit||Slave||3||53||84||0||30||Slave Shack One|
|Stlennius Vibato||Dunmer||Miner||13||146||100||0||30||Company Office|
 Related Quests
- Evidence of Corruption: Recover proof of Hlaalu corruption in the Caldera Mining operation.
- Shut the Mines Down: Shut down the Caldera Mine for Garisa Llethri.
- Donation from Cunius Pelelius: Collect a 500 gold pledge from the owner of the Caldera Mine.
- Telvanni Agents: Kill four Telvanni agents responsible for thefts in the Caldera Mine.
- Two differing Caldera Record Books exist known as Caldera Ledger and Secret Caldera Ledger. A further related document is the Caldera Mining Contract.
- A key to the Slave Bracers can be found in the Caldera Mining Company Bunkhouse, in the Caldera Mining Company Guard Tower, and on Stlennius Vibato in the Caldera Mining Company Office. Freeing any slaves in the mine will count toward the 20 slaves you need to receive the code phrase and unlock The Twin Lamps quest from Ilmeni Dren. However, if you plan to do the Redoran quests here, do not free any of the slaves until after you have finished both or you will be unable to complete them.
- The Guard Tower holds some random Imperial armor and ingredients.
- Several notes detail the state of unrest among the slaves.