Morrowind:Inanius Egg Mine (quest)
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Chat with Nileno Dorvayn about business and Inanius egg mine.
- (Optional) Travel to Suran and visit Serjo Avon Oran.
- Travel to the Inanius Egg Mine and kill the Kwama Queen.
- Report back to Nileno Dorvayn to complete the quest and receive your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Inanius Egg Mine
Nileno Dorvayn at the Balmora council manor will ask you to help undermine rival Serjo Avon Oran by killing the Kwama Queen in the Inanius Egg Mine, in the mountains east of Suran. The quickest route to the mine is to travel to Suran via the Balmora Silt Strider, then travel by foot south out of Suran, and east around the mountain into the nearby Ashlands region. The mine is directly southeast of Suran and due south of Saturan, nestled in a small cove.
 Chat with Avon Oran
You can optionally use this to extort up to 1000 gold from Oran (in his manor in Suran). Once in Suran, stop in at Oran Manor, located on the south side of Suran next to the Tribunal Temple, and have a chat with Avon Oran about the Inanius egg mine. He will offer you 1000 gold to leave the mine alone. You can choose to accept his offer (and earn a 5-point faction increase as well) and travel back to Balmora, but Nileno will be unhappy with your decision, and you will suffer a 10 drop in disposition with her. You can refuse his offer and suffer a drop in disposition with Oran, but be rewarded with 500 gold and a 5-point faction increase from Nileno. Or you can accept his offer, and kill the Kwama queen anyway. Nileno will also pay you for completing the quest, and will praise your devious mental workings.
 Killing the Kwama Queen
Once at the mine (see directions above), you'll find the mine devoid of any miners; however, it is partially flooded and a swim is required to locate the queen. Dispose of her, taking out any hostile Kwama workers in the process.
 Completing the Quest
Whichever route you choose, report back to Nileno Dorvayn in Balmora to complete the quest.
If you kill the queen, you always receive five points of House Hlaalu faction reputation and Dorvayn's disposition increases by ten.
If you promise Oran to spare the queen, his disposition increases by 20, Dorvayn's drops by 15, and you gain five points of Hlaalu reputation.
If you kill the queen after promising not to, Oran's disposition drops by 30, otherwise it drops by 20.
- Lower level characters may wish to wait on this one, as the mine is blighted and the Kwama workers will attack you, and they can do some damage.
- You will have to swim a little bit to get to the queen's lair (this is not a separate area), it is not accessible from the regular passages.
- Should you acquire the blight disease while in the mine, make a quick stop at one of the Tribunal Temples, or an Imperial Cult altar for a blessing to cure your ailment; alternatively you can sip a tasty cure blight disease potion to cure what ails you.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Alchemical Formulas||Up: House Hlaalu Quests||Next: Guar Hide Squeeze|